We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Antigua City Tours

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Panajachel...
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
La Antigua City Tours

Has anyone tried the la Antigua City Tours? antiguacitytour.com/

It is the hop-on hop-off option. My husband and I have done this type of sightseeing in several other cities, so I thought I'd see if anyone had specific comments about this one in Antigua. It looks like a pretty good way to see an overview of the city and several main attractions in a couple of days with cheap transportation and some local "flair."

Level Contributor
250 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Antigua City Tours

Looks like it would be good. Wish I could read Spanish - or is there a link to an English version that I missed? Is the tour itself offered in English?

La Libertad, El...
Level Contributor
207 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Antigua City Tours

The link says the tour is offered in English & Spanish, lasts 2 1/2 hrs but doesn't give a link to an English translation. It's easy to follow the route on the map though.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Antigua City Tours

I was able to read the site in Spanish. It seems to work a lot like the "Old Town Trolley" tours in different US cities. It's $10 per person, you can use the ticket as hop-on and hop-off of the shuttle bus for two consecutive days. The ticket also entitles you to discounts or special items with purchase at the included destination stops (like a free cappuccino at the fildelia coffee plantation with the purchase of a tour, or a discount from 50Q to 35Q for the museums in Jocotenango). Things are supposed to be in both English and Spanish on the tour.

I was wondering if anyone had done it and could give feedback on how often the shuttles come around - like is it once every 2.5 hours in a loop, or do they have multiple vans that run every 15-30 minutes or so? Also, is the "tour" part of the ride interesting/helpful?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,997 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Antigua City Tours

When do you head south, Laure? I'm excited for you - wish I was heading to Guatemala again this summer!

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Antigua City Tours

We leave four weeks from today! Hammering out some final details, but mostly just the icing on the cake now as we decide how to spend our play time!

San Diego
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Antigua City Tours

We rode the bus in Feb 2012. Then he just did one complete tour. He stopped at each point of interest and allowed you time to hop off and explore, maybe 20 minutes? The entire loop was about 2.5 hours. It was a good way to get your orientation of the quaint city of Antigua.

7. Re: La Antigua City Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 06:19