We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend adventures from Antigua

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend adventures from Antigua

I'm arriving in Guatemala next weekend and plan to do 4 weeks of language school. As soon as my language school is finished, I'm heading straight down to Nicaragua and am planning to do things in Guatemala over the weekends. Can anyone advise me or recommend any cool weekend trips?

I was thinking 1 weekend of doing Panajachel and Lake Atitlan which is a must for me. Another weekend, I was thinking of going to Tikal & Flores but was thinking this may be too much in a weekend. Is it feasible to go to these places for the weekend?

Any other weekend recommendations?

Many thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Central America
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,944 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend adventures from Antigua

Sure, quick but worth it, imo. If you study in the mornings, plan to take off in the afternoon or evening. You could either fly to Flores or take an overnight bus from Guatemala City. If you study in the afternoons, you could still take off for Flores in the afternoon/evening but might want to head to the lake in the morning, then return Monday morning.

My photos with blog and travelogue links on the main page of each collection are below in case you're interested - all my recommendations are embedded there. Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

2. Re: Weekend adventures from Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 05:18