We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet hotels in antigua

Marathon, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
quiet hotels in antigua

We have been to Guatemala several times but always stayed in a hotel in the outskirt of Antigua so we could get some peace. Is it possible to find a more centrally located hotel without the noise ?

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
195 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: quiet hotels in antigua

I have stayed at Casa Cristina on four different trips and it is not at all what I would call quiet. We use it mainly when we are getting in late and leaving early.. And many people do the same. It is a reasonably priced hotel in a good location.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: quiet hotels in antigua

We stayed at the Hotel Aurora, in a large comfortable room with a queen an a twin and lots of space. We were towards the back of the hotel and had no issues at all with noise. We were very close to the plaza.we never took a tuk tuk or cab to any of the sites as we were within walking distance of everything we wanted to see.The hotel and gardens are very pretty, the staff was great and breakfast was just fine.

I think we paid around A hundred a night which is cheap where i am from but may be mid range in Antiqua, but we thought it was perfect.

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: quiet hotels in antigua

"I think we paid around A hundred a night which is cheap where i am from but may be mid range in Antiqua, but we thought it was perfect." How things change. I've stayed in several in Guat that were 50 cents a night. Used to be $20 in GC would get you a room, bottle and a for the night.

14. Re: quiet hotels in antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:18