We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking classes in Antigua and around the lake area

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking classes in Antigua and around the lake area

I am very interested in cooking and spices. I would like to take a cooking class from a local who speaks Spanish or English languages. I have seen some cooking classes in Antigua priced 45 $ each, I do not want to take them. If someone who lives in Antigua is happy to give me a cooking class, please, let me know!

Crowsnest Pass...
Level Contributor
330 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking classes in Antigua and around the lake area

You could check with some of the Spanish schools. Many offer cooking classes for their students and may allow others to join in if prearranged.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking classes in Antigua and around the lake area

I second what the other poster said-if you're looking for cheap, look at language schools

Edited: 23 February 2014, 20:40
Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking classes in Antigua and around the lake area

A nice young lady named Anita just started cooking classes in San Pedro each Saturday, and in Santa Cruz on Monday - Friday (most days). Anita is bi-lingual and can teach the class in English or Spanish (or a little of both). Her classes start at 150 Q or $20.00 per person. I know she would like to have a couple of people sign up for a class, but she is also willing to do the class for only one person. You can contact Anita at anitacor88@gmail.com.

Enjoy!!!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,522 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking classes in Antigua and around the lake area

You might want to consider this, too:

chocomuseo.com/english/…

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking classes in Antigua and around the lake area

I wrote to Anita, when she found that a cooking class only for one person, she even did not bother to write to me an answer.

6. Re: Cooking classes in Antigua and around the lake area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:27