We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do i get from panajachel to guatemala airport?

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
how do i get from panajachel to guatemala airport?

does all the shuttles go from pana to antigue and then to the airport?

or is there a route directly from Pana to the Airport?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,997 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do i get from panajachel to guatemala airport?

I think the only way you'll avoid making a stop in Antigua enroute to the airport is on a private shuttle - I'm pretty sure all the share shuttles stop. It took me 5 hours to make that trip (Pana to GUA with a stop in Antigua) last spring - like torture. In a private shuttle I would have ridden in comfort and the trip would have taken 3 or 3.5 hours.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do i get from panajachel to guatemala airport?

Do you have any hotel in panajachel that you recommend? I made reservation @ posada de Don Rodrigo......

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,997 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do i get from panajachel to guatemala airport?

I only ever stay there a night coming or going depending on my schedule. Mario's Rooms is perfect for me - I've stayed there half a dozen times. It's clean, cute, safe, and well located, right in the thick of things on Calle Santander. It has a nice garden area and clean, cute small rooms with real hot water (not suicide shower heads) and big in room safes. Cost when I was there last was $20-$25/double including breakfast.

http://www.mariosroomsatitlan.com/

Dexter, Michigan
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how do i get from panajachel to guatemala airport?

There is a direct route on the main highway. You have to turn off to get to Antigua. The reason most shuttles do so is that they pick up people in Antigua. Be leery of those who say they don't. When is your flight? The majority of international flights out of Guat are in the morning. If that is your case suggest you go to Antigua the night before and book you airport shuttle from there.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how do i get from panajachel to guatemala airport?

Hello.thank you for the information. My flight @12.30. But i dont want to take any chances. I am thinking of re-do my iterenary and go back on the last day to Antigua.just to be in the sade side..i made a reservation with Xocomil Tour and pick up @ Pana is ay 6am..

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how do i get from panajachel to guatemala airport?

Helli..i am ready...to see san pedro. Will stay 1 night @sakari and took your advice and staying 1 night @Marios room. Only 2 night @the lake. Never been there, i am afraid i might not like it. I am staying 5 night @Antigua...

7. Re: how do i get from panajachel to guatemala airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:16