We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Venues in Antigua

NJ
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Venues in Antigua

Looking to marry in beautiful Antigua. Besides Casa Santo Domingo, does anyone have any suggestions? Reception will be about 250 people.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Sacatepequez Department, Guatemala
Restaurante Casa Santo Domingo
Restaurante Casa Santo...
659 Reviews
Antigua, Guatemala
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
921 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Venues in Antigua

What about Posada de Don Rodrigo, right near the yellow arch?

Mentioned in this post
Posada de Don Rodrigo
Posada de Don Rodrigo
230 Reviews
Antigua, Guatemala
Iowa, USA
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Venues in Antigua

Hi.. Not sure where you are going to get married in town, but the ruins of the Merced are sometimes rented out for parties. It is a magical location. There are several clubs that do weddings, 15th birthdays or anniversaries.

eliquidano@sbcglobal.net

Edgar Liquidano is starting a reception club. His e-mail is above.

I heard he had an outstanding 15th birthday celebration for some 300 people last summer.. He does speak english.

Hope this helps... Bill

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Venues in Antigua

I was just in Antigua checking our places for our weddings... i checked out the following places:

Hotel Antigua--has a nice area for reception..great looking hotel. Right next door to an old church/ruins.

Hotel Villa Antigua--- great hotel.. nice conference rooms... but doesnt have the atmosphere of being in Antigua...

We decided to go with Santo Domingo because its an amazing place..the chapel is there..the garden..the ruins and the conference center is just a step above everything else we saw.

Let me know if you have any questions...as we are in the stages of planning our wedding there in Antigua....

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Venues in Antigua

So.... that's where you've been eholbik. Well.. congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You've chosen the right place.

Guatemala
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Venues in Antigua

Try Hotel Casa de los Sueños... its a very nice hotel and i have been to weddings there. Aside from Casa Santo Domingo, i think its a great place for a wedding reception.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Casa Antigua
Hotel Casa Antigua
454 Reviews
Antigua, Guatemala
659 Reviews
Antigua, Guatemala
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Venues in Antigua

I got married in Antigua at Posada de los Leones, it might be a little small though, but give them a call, we hired the whole place, it is fantastic there.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding Venues in Antigua

Hi! I am actually planning my wedding at SAnto Domingo as we speak! Any tips or advise you have for me while I plan? Did you have a catholic ceremony and did you have your reception ouside or inside?? Help!

Mentioned in this post
Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Antigua
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding Venues in Antigua

I would suggest that you investigate having your wedding in the ruins of San Jose El Viejo. You can see a picture of it here: buriedmirror.com/latest/…

It is a beautiful ruin within Antigua that they rent out for events, including weddings. Although Casa Santo Domingo in my estimation is a bargain for a high-end wedding, San Jose El Viejo should prove more economical because you can select your own caterer. It is almost as stunning as Casa Santo Domingo when illuminated at night with candles. Its advantage is that you and your guests will have the venue entirely to yourself.

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Antigua
Antigua
659 Reviews
Antigua, Guatemala
New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding Venues in Antigua

I have actually seen that place a few times from the outside all lit up and it does look amazing!! I didn't even think of that place! Thanks

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
12 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding Venues in Antigua

Just noticed your post that you're getting married at the Casa Santo Domingo. I'm a wedding photographer (I do about 30-40 a year and I do weddings all over the world)... I have to tell you that this hotel/wedding venue is the BEST wedding I've ever photographed in my whole life. The staff is amazing, the food is amazing, the scenery is amazing, the ruins are amazing. If you're interested in seeing pictures visit photos.christinacraft.com/MariaStephen/

I now tell anyone who will listen that this is the best place on earth to get married. I can't rave enough about it.

Mentioned in this post
659 Reviews
Antigua, Guatemala