We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in Odessa

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis in Odessa

Hi there

Could you tell me if there are any good reliable taxi companies in Odessa - the ones you would go to if you see them on the street or telephone them.

Tourist friendly?

Thankyou

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis in Odessa

It is a Russian roulette, it depends on a person rather particular taxi company. And do not expect taxi drivers to speak English.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis in Odessa

There is a company that have people answer the phone that can speak English. I've used them. Sorry, I don't still have the number nor remember their name. Perhaps someone from Odessa will know and reply.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis in Odessa

Hi m36avv and welcome to Ukraine forum!

Sorry to have to say this, but tourist-friendly taxi is an oxymoron :) And tourist-friendly taxi in Odessa is a miracle.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
7 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis in Odessa

have to speak russian or let your hotel reception call and order for you.

Make sure they tell you about the price before you get in the taxi.

Oddessa
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis in Odessa

Hi.

I suggest to use local concierge service. it works.

24/7, they speak English - u need only to call them, name your location and all the rest is their job. u'll be surprised that price starts from $3-4

+380487100351

6. Re: Taxis in Odessa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 August 2011, 17:05
7. Re: Taxis in Odessa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 00:18