We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moldavanka Flea Market

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Moldavanka Flea Market

I've read that it's held every week in summer - could someone please tell me on which day? Thank you!

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moldavanka Flea Market

You may see some sellers around Starokonny market every day, but it is better to visit it on weekends.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moldavanka Flea Market

Thank you! We'll be in Odessa on a weekend, so that will suit us well.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moldavanka Flea Market

Dear halwimsey,

I completely agree with the above post.

Just to add, there were some discussions at the end of 2012 as for banning this market because the people sell pets there as well. So, we hope that it will function starting from spring (because it's outdoor market) but not sure...

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moldavanka Flea Market

Thanks OdessaGuide. To be honest, this was something that I was dubious about. I'm not usually good with pet markets (I hate seeing animals in cages and I'm a big softy, I want to take them all home; I also wonder where all of the animals have come from and where they'll end up) - so this aspect of the market was making me think twice about whether or not to go... It's actually a bit of a dilemma.

The flea market side looked interesting, though. I read about it on this blog (which has many fascinating posts, by the way).

…blogspot.com.au/2012/09/the-flea-market-in-…

We'll play it by ear when we get there, I suppose.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Moldavanka Flea Market

Dear halwimsey,

Well, the market starts at Колонтаевская и Серова (Kolontaevskay and Serova) and exists within Серова и Ризовская, Ленинградская и Раскидайловская (Serova-Rizovskaya-Leningradskaya-Raskidaylovskaya).

All the streets have flee market but Раскидайловская (Raskidaylovskaya) has PET market.

Just avoid that street )

The map show you where you shoul NOT go: mapia.ua/ru/…starokonnyiy-ryinok--600689

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moldavanka Flea Market

Thank you, OdessaGuide - that is extremely helpful! :)

7. Re: Moldavanka Flea Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Odessa
Recent Conversations