We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odessa to Moldova

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Odessa to Moldova

I will be stopping in Odessa on a cruise in October. The ship is staying overnight in Odessa and I will have a full day and part of a second day there. I plan to see Odessa as my grandmother was born there but was also thinking about a short day trip to Moldova since it is so close. I've seen there is a bus from Odessa to Chisinau but was wondering if I could pay a driver to take me there in a car? I don't need to go all the way to Chisnau but maybe see a town across the border and some of the countryside. I've heard some people say the border crossings can be a problem because of bribe demands. Any suggestions about the best (and safest) way to go to Moldova from Odessa?

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Odessa to Moldova

Hi LJPGeoman,

Just FYI road to Chisinau is not attractive/interesting at all. You won't see nice scenery. My advise - enjoy your time in Odessa.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Odessa to Moldova

Dear LJPGeoman,

My personal opinion about Chisinau is the following:

Odessa-Chisinau distance is roughly 200 km but including 2 borders (Ukraine then Moldova) it takes about 5 hours to get only one way. The landscape is quite nice if you like nature.

After this trip you won't have a lot of time and power for Odessa though.

Nota Bene!!!!!

If you really want to schedule this trip, please, make sure that you have a red stamp in your passport (put by the customs of Ukraine), opening the border of Ukraine, otherwise you won't be allowed to go out of the country.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Odessa to Moldova

Thanks for your opinion. I see your are in Sevastopol. Our ship is stopping there also and I have already booked a shore excursion for Sevastopol.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Odessa to Moldova

Thank you OdessaGuide. I wasn't planning on going all the way to Chisinau. I have almost two full days in Odessa so I may have enough time to go into Moldova for just a few hours. Maybe I'll see if I can hire a car and driver.

5. Re: Odessa to Moldova

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Odessa
Recent Conversations