We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opera house tickets

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Opera house tickets

We would like to see a performance at the Opera House while our ship overnights at Odessa. I understand we can buy tickets in advance on line directly from the Opera House website. But nothing is in English and I have a hard time trying to figure things out. Is there an easier way to do this? Also, how much are the tickets? Is it possible to buy them on the same day as the performance?

Thank you so much for your help!

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Opera house tickets

I was in the Opera house in last Sunday (Don Quixote - ballet). Tickets prices are very cheap and started from 20 UAH (about 3 USD). I bought a ticket in Friday in the opera for 120 UAH and I saw that there was many tickets not sold still. I saw that 20 minutes before performance there was still the possibility to buy tickets but all the good seats were already occupied. I highly recommend visiting the opera house in Odessa.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Opera house tickets

Thank you for your response, Jacek.

Price of tickets sounds extremely reasonable. Do you remember what kind of seat you get for 120 UAH?

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Opera house tickets

If I well remember it was stalls XVI / 342, Of course after performance I regretted that I did not buy a better (more expensive seat).

You are right saying extremely reasonable prices. The prices look like free of charge. For instant in Royal Opera House in London I had to pay ten times more and quality would be very similar (very beautifully danced Merceds variation).

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Opera house tickets

Thank you again, Jacek.

For that kind of prices, I think I will "splurge" and get better seats.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Opera house tickets

a little madness always makes sense

Randolph, New Jersey
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Opera house tickets

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from the cruise ship pier to the Opera House? Are they readily available at the pier, and at the Opera House for the return trip? How many passengers can they accommodate? Thanks.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Opera house tickets

Dear 23cruiser,

There are surely the taxis at the pier and next to the Opera House. Some of them are even available "especially for you". For the foreigners the prices may vary if you don't speak Russian. They are really more expensive than a private transfer booked through a tourist company. The taxis are for 4-5 pax normally.

Sometimes when you take a taxi in the city (being a foreigner) you may end up paying at least twice more in the end of the trip. (from the experience of my tourists).

Randolph, New Jersey
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Opera house tickets

Thank you. Is walking a good option?

On a different topic, do you know anything about the town of Ladyzhyn, near Vinnitsa, about 350km north of Odessa? Or do you know anyone who is familiar with that town?

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Opera house tickets

Yes, walking is a good idea but only from the pier. It's better not to walk alone in the late evening (my personal opinion).

Regarding Ladizhin, I don't know any guides there but I know several drivers from Odessa who have been there. I have just heard about this city and haven't visited it yet.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Opera house tickets

The opera house is very cheap It was a few years ago now Four or five but for a box then it was about eight pounds a head Might have gone up a little since then The seats where very good I had a good doze