We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

J K
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

Hello all,

My wife and I will be meeting our relatives (from Canada and Lviv) in Odessa on July 1st and planning on staying for 3-4 nights. Six to seven people will be travelling from Lviv to meet us in Odessa, making it a total of 8 or 9 people.

Just wondering what would be a couple of really good areas to look for a vacation rental apartment / hotel apartment for the few days? Also, I have started to look at some places near Deribasovskaya St. that are already booked up. Should I begin to look at splitting up the group into different apartments? Any recommendations for an apartment where we may be able to reserve a couple of rooms to accommodate us?

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

When we were looking for an apartment in Odessa, I came across these people on Airbnb,

www.airbnb.com.au/s?host_id=2193087

They have various apartments in the city centre, some within the same building, and may be able to help. Certainly not cheap by Odessa standards, but the quality seems reasonable. Perhaps worth contacting them at any rate. We ended up staying in a flat owned by someone else, so I have no experience in dealing with them.

Or, of course, a hotel would be the easiest option to accommodate that many people!

The area around Deribasovskaya is very handy as a base for walking around, eating out, catching public transport etc.

Sanford, Florida
Level Contributor
59 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

I have used the following company multi times as they have offered great service, they have multi apts. in and around the city center.

http://www.odessaapts.com

J K
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

Thanks for the information so far. We've been looking into some AirBnB places, as well as a few other hotels and apartments based on TA reviews.. but it seems that most places either don't book this far in advance (especially since we are only looking for 3-4 nights in the start of summer) or they say they are fully booked already (again, this may be because they don't want to tie up potential week long stays with shorter reservations).

One place said that we should check back in May to see what they have left. Is this standards for Odessa in the high season? We would prefer to book something before May, as we are trying to accommodate 8-9 people on a fairly tight budget.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

We had no trouble booking our apartment for a few nights in Odessa in June and I booked about nine months in advance - so it probably depends on the owner. I had the problem you mention when looking for somewhere in Sevastopol though - the owner didn't want to take a booking for a couple of nights that far in advance for summer - which I could understand. We ended up booking a hotel instead because, for various reasons, we wanted to lock things in early.

We also had fun with that in Yalta - we were able to book a three-night stay for summer, which surprised me, but ended up being given an apartment different from the one we had booked. Same building, but lower level. It was actually nicer than the one we had booked (and which was occupied, I assume by a longer term booking) so we didn't let it worry us.

I'm a little surprised that you're having trouble with hotels for that timeframe and that season with that many people, though. Have you tried using booking.com? I've always found it reliable.

J K
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

I've actually only looked at one hotel so far because of their prices. We'd essentially have to book 4 or 5 standard rooms, unless we booked two really expensive suites. Most standard rooms only have one double bed, so that's why we're really trying for an apartment.

My parents were in Kiev for the Euro Cup a few years back and didn't have any issues renting an apartment for 4 nights for fairly cheap, but I understand that Odessa is a whole different place in the summer.

We'll keep trying and I'm sure something will work out. Essentially, we're trying to book early so we don't all end up having to split up into 3 different places.

J K
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

Also, @ halwimsey, would you recommend the place you stayed? If so, can you send a link?

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

I'd be happy to but to be honest I don't think it would suit you - it was a very simple and little flat, clean and comfortable enough but certainly no frills and with room for two people only (three in a pinch with a sofabed but I wouldn't sleep on it...). It's the only flat that the owner has so part of your group would be split up, which is what you're trying to avoid!

If it still interests you, let me know and I'll PM you the link (my review on Airbnb has my photo attached and I'm camera shy).

:)

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

Dear J K,

Let me explain you why you couldn't book an apartment in Odessa a few months in advance. The majority of the owners who rent their apartments on the daily basis (not monthly) book clients minimum for 4-5 nights (depends on the apartment) in order not to miss bigger piece. They don't book it for shorter time because their goal is to have clients throughout a month but on the daily basis.

Prague
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

Hi,

If you are still coming in August with your friend there are few places in the center I could recommend. As do not want to break TA guidelines send me a message and I will give you more details.

Best regards

Parvis

J K
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Odessa Apartment Accomodations for Group

Ive found a place already. Thanks though.