We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get a taxi from ODS airport to hotel ?

Huntington Beach...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How can I get a taxi from ODS airport to hotel ?

I will arrive in Odessa on July 14, 2014 . How can I get a non- cheating taxi cab to go to the hotel from airport ? I have seen lots of bad raps on the forum about the taxi cab drivers in Odessa in the past . Are they still true until now ?

How will my smart phone work in Ukraine by the way?

Someone please tell me the answers . I would greatly appreciate your help .

Henry

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I get a taxi from ODS airport to hotel ?

Hi there will be hoards of taxi drivers trying to get you to pay up.

My wife normally sorts us out by hiring a "private guy" ie a member of the public who wants to have a few more Grivna in his pocket.

What about your hotel? Can they arrange taxi for you?

I did this when I first went to Odessa

Can't help with cellphone info

Here is a quote from another travel site re taxis in Odessa it may help

But here are some useful phone numbers for you just in case:

Amsterdam Taxi Service

Nickolay: +38 048 775 88 87; +38 067 485 88 87;

Yuriy: +38 048 777 06 66;

Vyacheslav: +38 048 774 81 58;

Gennady: +38 048 231 60 49

Once when I was in Odessa last we had to pay $10 for a half an hour ride downtown.

The prices depend on what you agree upon.

Don’t forget to ask the taxi driver what you have to pay for the ride before you depart.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
367 posts
1,052 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I get a taxi from ODS airport to hotel ?

There's an official taxi booth as soon as you leave the terminal. Don't be fooled by these private taxi drivers trying to catch you.

Huntington Beach...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I get a taxi from ODS airport to hotel ?

Thank you very much Taurean ! Your help will make my trip more enjoyable !

Huntington Beach...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I get a taxi from ODS airport to hotel ?

Thank you for your suggestion HONKiev ! Is the taxi booth is easily seen as I leave the terminal ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I get a taxi from ODS airport to hotel ?

Yes its easy to spot, but this is only if you can get though the masses of other people offering you a 'taxi' just as you walk through the doors...

When I first got to Odessa, I had to check myself, 'I'm I in Ukraine, Or Jakarta.....'

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
367 posts
1,052 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can I get a taxi from ODS airport to hotel ?

avoid the taxi drivers who will approach you like hell. Mostly it's rip off. When you leave the building the taxi booth is to your right, maybe 20 to 30 meters.

Regarding your Smart Phone: it'll work in Ukraine - but you should check the cost with your provider. In case you don't only stay 1 or 2 days you should get a local prepaid SIM card with data tariff. In Ukraine we have 3G but it's not UMTS. So it's not as fast as in Europe. From my own experience get a Kyivstar SIM card since it's much faster than MTS. You can find a phone store on ground floor in the shopping center 'Afina' next to Deribasavska Street.

Edited: 29 June 2014, 21:08
Huntington Beach...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How can I get a taxi from ODS airport to hotel ?

Your answer is very detailed !Thanks again HONKiev =)

8. Re: How can I get a taxi from ODS airport to hotel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:17