We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien or one night in Split

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien or one night in Split

Hi,

We are arriving in Split for one night at the end of May before going to Hvar and Dubrovnik. We cannot decide between Le Meridien or the Atrium hotel. For such a short stay which is the best bet?

We have gone for those because we like modern facilities and they look good.

Appreciate your thoughts,

Andrew

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
957 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien or one night in Split

I'd choose Atrium as it is situated close to the city center; Meridien is in Podstrana and you have to take the bus or the hotel minibus to go to the center

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien or one night in Split

For best experience of Split - go with Vestibul palace or Marmont hotel.

Split
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien or one night in Split

I would also suggest Hotel Marmont, it`s definteley the most beautiful hotel, but if you like modern art then Atrium is the right place for you. Le Meridien is a little bit outside of Split.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Meridien or one night in Split

Just wondering if someone can post instructions what bus to take from Split city to the Le Meridien hotel? Where do I take the bus?

I used points for flights and hotels as I'm travelling on a budget, so I had to stay at the Le Meridien instead of paying cash for a hotel in Split.

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Meridien or one night in Split

eyhchen

Local bus #60 takes off from the harbour (but you may check with the hotel if they have courtesy vans.)

off topic...not sure about your points value scheme but staying in city center hostel for $25 can save 5 star outskirt hotel miles (which may equal flying within Europe)

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Meridien or one night in Split

How far is the bus stop from the hotel?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
957 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Meridien or one night in Split

about 500 miters

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Meridien or one night in Split

There is a bus stop right across the hotel so there is no need to walk 500 meters...

9. Re: Le Meridien or one night in Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 06:18