We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap clean accommodation near the sea

Which Split hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
293 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
cheap clean accommodation near the sea

Hi

I'm looking for either an ensuite room or small apartment on the coast but near to Split. Would really like access to the sea, and preferably with a pool. Can anyone recommend some nice accommodation that is reasonably prices in this area please?

Many Thanks

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap clean accommodation near the sea

There are great apartments and boutique hotels just south of Split in Podstrana. Try the Neva Hotel, Hotel More, Villa B&B, the Sunce and the San Antonio. Some with pools, apartments, etc. and all on the sea. The #60 bus takes you into Split twice or more an hour. Further south is Brela and Baska Vada, both less than an hour from Split and on the sea. Check www.sightseeingcroatia.com for info on these towns and direct links to tourist bureaus there. www.clicksplit.com has a good collection of apartments, some near Batvice Beach, the only real sandy beach in Split. So you should easily find what you are looking for!

Switzerland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap clean accommodation near the sea

I recommend the Villa Pinocchio in firsthand. My family and I are coming here for years and always stayed at this apartments. Friendly staff is always at your service for everything you need. Best place to stay outside of the city but close enough to busy Split (10 minutes driving) . Directly on beautiful beach, clear waters for swimming. Prices are more than acceptable. The rooms were extremely clean, comfortable, quiet, and tasteful. Outdoor breakfast on the lovely terrace and our fantastic views from the balcony over the Adriatic sea and the islands were all stunning. I would recommend this apartment but the only thing I would say is that having a car is a good plan here but you have short walk to bus station which provides frequent service into Split.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap clean accommodation near the sea

Hi there

I have just emailed villa pInnochio it does look lovely.

Have all the rooms got kitchens in or is it just the appartments it is hard to make out on the web site.

Cheers Dawn

Split
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap clean accommodation near the sea

maybe some free villa for.... if you want villa with pool except prices about 120 - 200 euro per double per night

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap clean accommodation near the sea

"Villa" for 120 - 200 pr night is just another name for apartment... Real villas cost money - www.luxurycroatianvillas.com and there are rarely places for only two.

I would better recommend to look up some of the lovely hotels in Podstrana like Sunce or Neva as they both have the pool and good prices or see if you can find something on www.thehotelsofsplit.com

Switzerland
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap clean accommodation near the sea

hi

Supposed that all apartments have kitchen. I am coming here for years and in my apartments were always fully equipped kitchen. But also Villa Pinocchio provides very good outdoor breakfast on terrace and in the evening there are many restaurant which serves excellent food. You can see all information on their web site:

http://podstrana-apartments.com

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap clean accommodation near the sea

Hi there

The only reason I Inormally do self catering instead of B&B is the fact that usually you don't get a fridge in B&B also found that the owners don't like you buying drinks from other places they like you to buy from there hotel at rip off prices. this is what I have experienced in the past.

Dawn

Switzerland
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap clean accommodation near the sea

The owners are very friendly and helpful.Everything you ask and need, there are ready to help you. I went in market every day, buy food and drinks and we cook a very delicious meal. And don't worry all apartments have fully equipped kitchen with fridge and other equipment.

Helsinki
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap clean accommodation near the sea

Hi

I see a lot of writing about Villa Pinocchio. Is there some pictures or web site where I can see more details about it?

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cheap clean accommodation near the sea

reply no.6 in this thread has a link to it