We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charters cruising islands

australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
charters cruising islands

I was wondering if there is anyone who has done a week charter around the islands. We are looking at getting a boat for 6 people leaving from Split in late July. Does anyone have an idea on how much fuel will cost for 1 week? Fuel is extra as well as 125euro for skipper.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: charters cruising islands

125 Euros per day + food is extra. Try to get ALL cost ahead so there are no surprises. Also extra are the marina/harbor fees where you stop.

Since you haven't posted how big the boat is, expect about 70 - 100 Euros per day depending on how long you sail or you use the engine...

2. Re: charters cruising islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2010, 11:24
Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: charters cruising islands

We just met a great Austrailan couple who has a 50' Bavaria in Split that will be chartering all summer. Sleeps at least six. Very nice folks. I have no idea what they charge, but it should be reasonable since they are just starting in this business here and ran all sorts of trips in Australia for years and are expert sailors. Pls. write to me privately and I will send you their e mail address.

New England
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: charters cruising islands

I am bareboating in June in Croatia for the first time out of Split. Since we only have a week, the first question is whether to head north or south and then, what are your favorite harbors?

5. Re: charters cruising islands

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 08:35
australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: charters cruising islands

Thank you for your detailed information.

The boat we are looking at is the Sun Odyssey 42i. Docking in Splt

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: charters cruising islands

Tim and Kate's boat is a 49 Bavaria I think...

8. Re: charters cruising islands

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2010, 00:08
Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: charters cruising islands

You really need to look at the islands off Split, off Dubrovnik, and north if you sail out of Zadar or some other marinas. Lots of google sites on sailing in croatia...it really is a personal preference--whether you like to gunkhole, dive, explore, hit the hot spots like Hvar or laze about around Solta or Vis.

10. Re: charters cruising islands

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 05:16