We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight from split to paris on 14 July

sydney
Level Contributor
444 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
flight from split to paris on 14 July

we would like to fly from split to paris on 14 July but as easy jet only has a flight on the 13th or 15th it leaves us with a choice of 8 nights to do Dubrivnik, Hvar and Split and 5 nights in Paris OR 10 nights to do Dubrivnik, Hvar and Split and 3 nights in paris. This is a hard choice as 9 and 4 would have been the perfect balance. I am having difficulty decicing whichis the best option. If we fly into Dubrovnik on Monday 5 july is it sufficient time to enjoy Croatia and to fly out on Tues 13th July as we had also hoped to go to Trogir and perhaps a national park or do a day trip to a smaller island. Should we leave out Hvar or split or is there enough time to get to and enjoy all 3? 2 and a half days or 3 nights in paris just seems like it will be too short if we leave on the 15th and im also cncerned about flight cancelations on Easyjet. ( not sure how often this happens) but our flight back to australia is on sun18th so we are not flexible to extend our trip. Please help with suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Trogir
Trogir
County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight from split to paris on 14 July

i posted this reply in your other thread

according to skyscanner there are plenty of indirect options from Split to Paris on the date you mention & a direct flight with Croatia Airlines

skyscanner.ie/flights/spu/pari/100714/airfar…

you could also consider zagreb to paris direct with Croatia airlines or Zadar to Paris Beauvais indirect with Ryanair all on 14th july

skyscanner.ie/flights/zad/pari/100714/airfar…

Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Zadar
Zadar
Zadar County, Croatia
sydney
Level Contributor
444 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight from split to paris on 14 July

thanks for your help. the croatia airlines flight is suitable but is a lot more expensive than the easyjet flights on the tues or thurs and we preferred to go direct so we might have to take the tues or thurs flight.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight from split to paris on 14 July

Seems to me you cant go wrong with either 3 or 5 nights in Paris---Croatia is a small country and if you make up your mind not to rush around, it will be fine.

First, you will arrive in Split, the capital of Dalmatia. So you can enjoy being here and easily take a day trip to Hvar, Solta or Brac--ferries right from Split.

Dubrovnik is a 5 hour bus trip down the coast; lots of stops on the way to make it easy..just make sure the bus is air conditioned, sometimes they are not...and they leave throughout the day, so just take the next one if yours is not AC.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Split
Split
Dalmatia
Dalmatia
Croatia
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Brac Island
Brac Island
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Oslo, Norway
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flight from split to paris on 14 July

Hello,

If you still have a hard time deciding when you would want to leave for Paris, I just wanted to mention that France's national day is the 1. of july!

There are a big military parade on the Champs Elysees (main street) with the president, and a lot of festiviteas.

Good luck and have a nice trip!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Oslo, Norway
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: flight from split to paris on 14 July

sorry, i meant the 14. of july..

sydney
Level Contributor
444 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight from split to paris on 14 July

yes I know. Thanks for your advice. I booked the 13th July flight so we will be there for Bastille day. Any tips for a new tourist in Paris for Bastill day will be appreciated. I was last in Paris in 1985 as a 25 year old.

Mentioned in this post
Bastille Day
Bastille Day
25 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
7. Re: flight from split to paris on 14 July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 05:17