We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Angeles to Croatia Best Way?

los angeles
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Los Angeles to Croatia Best Way?

What's the best way to get there without wasting so much time with stopovers, layovers, no train rides, please. Seems very expensive to get there. We can do rome or venice first I guess? Planning on September 4-14th.

Edited: 23 June 2010, 23:34
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Angeles to Croatia Best Way?

My advice is to fly into a major European hub city such as Frankfurt, Paris or Rome and then connect to either Zagreb, Split or Dubrovnik with Croatia Airlines, one of the many budget operators or the airline that works best with your carrier from the States (depending on the alliance). It also depends on where you wish to go:

- Zagreb would be best for Zagreb, Plitvice Lakes and Istria,

- Split is good for northern Damatia: Krka National Park and islands such as Hvar, Vis or Brac.

- Dubrovnik is good for southern Dalmatia: Mljet, Korcula, and Peljesac Peninsula.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Angeles to Croatia Best Way?

Lufthansa - one stop through Germany

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Angeles to Croatia Best Way?

Aer Lingus, one stop in Ireland to Dubrovnik

British Airways, one stop in London, UK to Dubrovnik

Croatia Airlines is a member of an alliance so can book through fares with other airlines too.

wizzair & easyjet & ryanair all fly to the Adriatic cities and have great connections to major European cities.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,759 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Angeles to Croatia Best Way?

we went united thru frankfort;, but then found out that you can ferry from venice to istria. i wish i would have know that, that sounds so fun. we landed in zagreb and then picked up the car for istria.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Angeles to Croatia Best Way?

You should do some research on fares and routing and can use a website called www.kayak.com. It does not sell tickets, it only gives you the approximate fare and operating flights.

California
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Angeles to Croatia Best Way?

If you want a travel agent assist or let them quote a price, in the LA area there is a company named Adriatic Travel. I cannot represent they would have any better prices than a web search however they do specialize in travel to Croatia and therefore know the options available.

ivo

7. Re: Los Angeles to Croatia Best Way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 06:18