We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

times in Split

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
times in Split

i am considering doing 2 nights in Split as the after a cruise in Croatia as well.

Would 2 nights be enough or too long?

I just want to wander and looking at historical buildings and do a museum or 2?

As boat docks that evening before hand then we off the boat early in morning.

What would be consider good enough time to see enough of Split.'Thanks

thanks

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
50,358 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: times in Split

If you spend one night there where would you then spend the extra night? Two nights in Split is not a bad thing but I think a whole day wandering around might be sufficient, depending on where you are planning on going with that extra night.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: times in Split

Thanks So i think i will do just one night here. As it small and i cover it in one day. As i will head to Zagreb next day.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: times in Split

Well, living here I disagree. Since your interest is historical, Split is a treasurfe trove--Diocletian's Palace, the Archeology Museum (first of its kind in Croatia), Split City Musuem, Mestrovic Gallery and others. Easily a nice full day. Then, just an hour away is the remarkable UNESCO city of Trogir which you can reach by water taxi in the summer or by bus, twice an hour. With it's astounding 13thC Church of St. Lawrence and central ensemble of Gothic and Renaissance architecture, this small island city is a gem not to be missed. Within 30 minutes of Split, the most important archeological site, Salona, the former capital of the Roman empire in this part of the world; Klis Fortress, perched impossibly high on a craggy rock, used since Roman times, spectacular views back to Split. And then of course, ferries or catamarans to the islands of Soolta, Vis, Brac and Hvar--some of which you may have visited, some of which you may not have.

4. Re: times in Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Split