We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

To take a bus to Zadar from Split, how long is it , and are there more then one company to take? what bus company is best?

For getting a bus ticket to get to Zadar From Split.

Is there any procedure i do at the bus station that i should know about to get a ticket?

how do i guarantee i have a seat? is there any way to reserve a bus ticket too?

Any tips on taking buses in Croatia? thanks

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

At the bus station in Zadar there is a central ticket office, they can sell you a ticket for any bus company, when you have a ticket you have a seat. There is no need to reserve a seat. If you have luggage/suitcase, you will have to pay 7 kuna to the conductor to put your luggage in the storage under the bus. He will give you a ticket which matches on on your bag (similar to airlines). You will also have to show him your ticket.

You can ask at the ticket office for the slow bus or the fast bus to Spit (less than 2 hours for fast which takes highway, 3 hours for slow which takes coast road)

My tip would be to get a seat on the opposite side of the bus to the driver coming from Zadar to Split so you get the sea view (try for a window seat).

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

What are the names of the bus companies i can use to get to Zadar from Split? what ones are best and what ones to avoid?

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

As well it says in the travel books to reserve buses however from the website i can only book from a few weeks in advance.

Where can i find online to book for september a bus ticket so i can be guaranteed a seat.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

As I said, I would not bother reserving a seat on a bus. I have travelled that route on a bank holiday where there were a LOT of travellers and I still had no problem getting a seat.

There are various companies running the route and they are all of a similar standard so I would not recommend one over another. The buses run very regularly, I would just turn up at the bus station when there are a couple of buses scheduled and buy your ticket for the time that suits you.

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

The buses run very often, no problem for the seats. When you buy the ticket you get the seat no too, if you will be in Split earlier you can buy it in advance.

Here you can see for the timetables and bus companies:

www.autobusni-kolodvor.com

London.UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

Hello this is very useful, thank you. Can someone please tell me how much the slow bus and the fast bus cost?

Thanks

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

There is slight difference of prices between the bus companies. There are no slow buses, they just have many stops. The "fast" buses run on the highway and enter the big centres only. Ypi can see it in the timetable or simply ask when buying tickets.

London.UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

Thank you - so how much are the bus tickets one way from split to zadar?

Durham
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

The fare varies a little but is around 120 kuna for a single journey.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,963 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus Split to Zadar - procedure to get bus tickets

Bus prices are a great souce of amusement as I reguarly travel from Trogir to Split and back - it can vary between 13-20 kuna even on the same day and I have concluded that it is just down to the bus company as they all go the same way (other than the #37 local bus).