We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flotilla sailing

Which Split hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sandton, South...
Level Contributor
114 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Flotilla sailing

We are planning a 2 week flotilla holiday. It appears that most of these are in the Split or Dubrovnik area. Has anyone done a flotilla and if so which is the nicer area.

We would like to travel in late june- early july. We are experienced sailors and have our own cruising yacht. We will be 4 adults and 2 teenagers.

Is it easy to get to the Marinas or should one allow time on either side of the 2 weeks.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flotilla sailing

Croatian coast is nautical heaven. I don't think you have to stick to Split or Dubrovnik. Marinas are numerous along both the coast and islands, as well as "wild" and naturally sheltered bay. Well, if you manage to find a vacancy there :)

I hope you'll find this link useful http://www.croatia-map.net/. I think you should get some idea of the coast and possibilities, at the first place.

Sandton, South...
Level Contributor
114 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flotilla sailing

Thanks for the reply. We will do more research on the area.

We would like to do the flotillas as they are usually lots of fun. I see that some of them allow breakaway time. I just wondered if anyone out there had done a flotilla in Croatia and how they experienced it.

Toronto
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flotilla sailing

Is the flotilla idea so the kids can meet other folks/escape, or for sailing safety. We are planning a charter for 2 weeks in sept, and it sounds like pretty easy sailing grounds

We did a floatilla in Turkey when we had 2 other couples with us, and it was nice to have some other folks to socialize with, as the ladies didn't know each other. (the floatia was helpful for that) Our experience with the sunsail flotilla, is the sailors were pretty inexperienced, and found bareboating to be a better option.

We are taking a boat out of Split, down to Dubrovnik, and back up, and it looks lots of spots to visit, and nice itinerary.

Check out google earth on the islands, looks awesome.

Good luck with the holiday

Toronto
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flotilla sailing

Is the flotilla idea so the kids can meet other folks/escape, or for sailing safety. We are planning a charter for 2 weeks in sept, and it sounds like pretty easy sailing grounds

We did a floatilla in Turkey when we had 2 other couples with us, and it was nice to have some other folks to socialize with, as the ladies didn't know each other. (the floatia was helpful for that) Our experience with the sunsail flotilla, is the sailors were pretty inexperienced, and found bareboating to be a better option.

We are taking a boat out of Split, down to Dubrovnik, and back up, and it looks lots of spots to visit, and nice itinerary.

Check out google earth on the islands, looks awesome.

Good luck with the holiday

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flotilla sailing

Could anybody recommend a company to organise a flotilla holiday in Croatia with? We hope to be going with another family in August of this year

Sandton, South...
Level Contributor
114 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flotilla sailing

Our thoughts of a Flotilla were really just to meet others after the day's sailing and to share others experiences. Also nice to have the navigational tips from the lead boat. We have done Flotilla sailing in Greece so know what to expect. I do think the Croatia flotillas seem be more flexible with free sailing time which is great for experienced sailors. Our teenagers have been sailing since birth so are very boat experienced. They have their own Hobie which they play around on when not on the Yacht. But it would be nice for them to meet other kids as well.

Are you guys doing bareboat on your trip? Do you think that it is a cheaper way to go than Flotilla. I see that on flotillas one is still expected to pay for moorings on top of the flotilla price. We are not against bareboat and will certainly consider it.

Enjoy planning your trip.

Panda30

Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flotilla sailing

Try www.activityyachting.com Jim is a mine of information and can organise everything, have a great trip.

Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flotilla sailing

Try www.activityyachting.com Jim is a mine of information and can organise everything, have a great trip.

Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flotilla sailing

North
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flotilla sailing

Hi we are planning a flotilla holiday this summer and wondered what companies people would recommend? We have sailed with Sailing Holidays previously and enjoyed it but wondered who else might be recommended?