We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Travel - Korcula to Dubrovnik September 2012

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Travel - Korcula to Dubrovnik September 2012

I'm trying to determine if I can get from Korcula to Dubrovnik by ferry on Friday September 21, 2012. I looks like the Jadrolinija service runs only through Korcula on Tuesday and Saturday. Does anyone know of another ferry service or if I am reading the schedule incorrectly. Thanks.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Travel - Korcula to Dubrovnik September 2012

There is a daily bus.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Travel - Korcula to Dubrovnik September 2012

Not sure what you mean about a daily bus from the island. The bus would still need to get a ferry. Do you have a link I could look at?

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Travel - Korcula to Dubrovnik September 2012

Korcula is spitting distance from the mainland, so there is a frequent short ferry ride that the bus takes--this is not the same as the ferry to Dubrovnik.

I am not even sure if that ferry would be on the jadrolinija website, but you can check.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Travel - Korcula to Dubrovnik September 2012

Okay, the Korcula (note the port is Domince) to Orebic (closest town on mainland) schedule is on the jadrolinija website. There used to be one daily bus in the early am, but it looks like there may be two now:

http://www.libertasdubrovnik.com/voznired.pdf

I would verify this if getting up at dawn is not your cup of tea.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry Travel - Korcula to Dubrovnik September 2012

Thanks - I'll check it out.

6. Re: Ferry Travel - Korcula to Dubrovnik September 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 05:16