We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
172 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

Dear TA advisors

We will be staying in Trogir for 3 nights (Sat- Sun) and we want to do a bit of touring. We would love to go to Plitvice National Park (unfortunately no tours available on these days and public transport also not possible). But tour to Krka National Park is possible. I've heard that Plitvice is a must see in Croatia. Would we be disappointed settling for Krka?

Would appreciate feedback and possibility of day trip to Plitvice National Park

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Trogir
Trogir
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Krka National Park
Krka National Park
3,273 Reviews
Sibenik-Knin County, Croatia
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Krka tours
Krka tours
172 Reviews
Split, Croatia
Trogir, Croatia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

How many people, maybe I can help???Date??

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
172 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

We are 2 persons and we will be in Trogir on June 9th and 10th. Looking at doing Plitvice on one day and the other Krka.

Mentioned in this post
Trogir
Trogir
Krka tours
Krka tours
172 Reviews
Split, Croatia
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
54,571 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

I don't think you will be disappointed with Krka!

Mentioned in this post
Krka tours
Krka tours
172 Reviews
Split, Croatia
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

We chose to go to Krka over Plitvice because we just didn't have the time for the long drive from Trogir each way - I thought it was 4 hours each way. The town of Skradin, where we started our trip into Krka is just over an hour away from Trogir.

I'm not sure how they compare but Krka was beautiful. We took a boat trip in from the town of Skradin, just over 15 minutes. We walked the wooden paths through the first waterfall area in just over an hour. You can also swim here if you choose. There are restaurants and some small museum type building you can visit as well. You could also then take a second boat trip, that takes about 4 hours to visit a monastery on and island and then a second waterfall area.

We enjoyed Krka so much, we weren't disappointed we missed out on Plitvice on this trip. Maybe someone who's been to both can comment.

Mentioned in this post
Krka tours
Krka tours
172 Reviews
Split, Croatia
Trogir
Trogir
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

Plitvice are Krka multiplied by 10. As about beauty.

Mentioned in this post
Krka tours
Krka tours
172 Reviews
Split, Croatia
Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

Both Krka and Skradin are great places to visit. Bill Gates has said that Skradin is his favourite vacation place in the world. It has boats and it has history as it is in the area where the war took place as demonstrated by the bullet holes on the walls.

It is also one of the main entrances to Krka National Park which you can access by boat or walk along the river (popular with kayaks) on foot. Unlike Plitivice you can swim at Krka. A bit like peeling an onion there are many layers to Krka as you can take a second boat trip to visit a monastery island and more waterfalls. There are also examples of early mills and how people used the falls in days gone by. I don't think you'll be disappointed with Krka.

Mentioned in this post
Krka tours
Krka tours
172 Reviews
Split, Croatia
Krka National Park
Krka National Park
3,273 Reviews
Sibenik-Knin County, Croatia
seget donji
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

We have been to both parks. We visited krka several times before we went to Plitvice. I love both parks! Plitvice is much larger i am elderly and managed to walk all day and enjoyed it so much I never got tired. Krka's main waterfall (the parks both have several) is larger. Swimming there is really great you can sit under some of the falls and cool off.A wonderfull place for water lovers.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

It will be exhausting to do these both back to back. Regardless of what Bill Gates says, there's a reason Pltivice is a UNERSCO site and Krka isn't. Yes, you can swim near the waterfalls at Krka and it's a much easier day trip to spend a few hours walking around. But Plitivce will take 4-6 hours and it's simply astonishing--unless you have been to Irazu Falls and other world-class nature preserves. Krka is fun and touristy. Pltivice is serious nature in all its glory--no swimming or wading around just off the trail (not allowed, but everyone does it) like Krka. So if there is a CHOICE, for me, UNESCO has made it clear. There is a reason why it is the most visited national park in the country. You can do Krka next time....but Pltivice is more memorable.

Mentioned in this post
Krka tours
Krka tours
172 Reviews
Split, Croatia
9. Re: Krka Park or Plitvice National Park from Trogir?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:15