We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spending Money

I am staying in split for 1 week from 1st Sept, how much spending money do I need to take excluding accomodation and evening meals? I would like to go to a couple of islands and visit the palace etc.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money

... all you have....

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,112 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money

If you go to the islands using the local ferries it is not expensive - look up Jadrolinija and Krilo jet for costs - but I am talking £5-£8 . The Palace is largely free unless you go into the bit that is now the church and tower. You can access the crypt etc and walk round the ruins easily. You might want to consider a walking tour to see everything. Buses are also cheap - you could get to Trogir for £2.50. Food from supermarkets is reasonable value (you don't get the massive price competition of Tesco/Sainsbury's etc) and I usually don't eat in restaurants at lunchtime. Having said that pizza and pasta are very cheap and very good as are the mixed salads. Beer is cheap, carafes of wine are cheap (but bottles expensive). Coffee is excellent and cheap. I wouldn't expect to spend more than £20 a day averaging out and not including your evening meal and accommodation - and some days much less than that.

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money

Thanks a lot.. that was really helpful..

Bala Cynwyd
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money

Use the ATMs to get your money in Kuna as you need it. No one can predict what you will spend.

5. Re: Spending Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 05:15