We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this plan sound?

Which Split hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
victoria
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How does this plan sound?

Hello

My wife and I are visiting Croatia for the first time, and wondered if we could ask or some suggestions about this itinerary?

Sounds like so many great places to visit, but we don't want to spend all our time driving.

Day 1 – fly to Zagreb arrive late and overinght

Day 2 – Rental car (company suggestions) and drive Zagreb to Rovinj

Day 3,4,5 – Rovinj and surrounds

Day 6 – drive from Rovinj to Plitvice National Park – overnight (any ideas for mid range place to stay?)

Day 7, 8 – drive to Split and stay 2 nights – visit nearby towns and return rental car in Split (is this possible?)

Day 9,10,11 – ferry to HVAR and stay 3 nights on the island

Day 10,11 – transport (best way?) to Cavtat stay 2 nights

Day 12 – Dubrovnik – stay overnight

Day 13 – fly home

Does this sound OK, or maybe there is a better order to do things?

Example drive from Zagreb to Plitvice first - then on to Rovinj then to Split?

Thanks for any suggestions or help with this.

victoria
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does this plan sound?

Another option may be to rent the car in Zagreb, drive to Plitvice then to Rovinj and finally back to Zagreb - drop car off and fly to Splt. Would this make more sense?

2. Re: How does this plan sound?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 17:07
victoria
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does this plan sound?

Thamks for your response Kevin. We are just in the process of booking flights for our trip in May.

Sorry, i think i posted this question on the wrong form - will repost under Zagreb forum.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,522 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does this plan sound?

For me, 13 days is not enough time to get to Istria and Dalmatia and have enough time to enjoy both of them. I would pick one or the other and just work on getting there from Zagreb and enjoy Plitvice along the way to either.

5. Re: How does this plan sound?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 22 October 2012, 17:07
6. Re: How does this plan sound?

victoria
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does this plan sound?

Hi Barry & Kevin

Yes, i agree we could certainly use some more time in Croatia - and managed to squeeze in a couple more days.

Have changed our itinerary slightly so it may be a little more relaxed. Does this sound better?

Day 1 – fly to Zagreb arrive late and overinght

Day 2,3,4 – Rental car - leave early and drive Zagreb to Rovinj

Day 5,6,7 – drive from Rovinj to Split. Return car when we arrive in Split. and spend 3 nights - with a daytrip to Togir.

Day 8,9,10 – ferry to HVAR and stay 3 nights on the island

Day 11,12,13 – transport to Cavtat stay 3 nights

Day 14,15 – Dubrovnik

Day 16 – fly home

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How does this plan sound?

This just came in:

independent.co.uk/travel/europe/heaven-is-hv…

9. Re: How does this plan sound?

victoria
Level Contributor
256 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How does this plan sound?

Thanks 1995 for the link - sounds lovely.

Thanks again Kevin. Hoping to drop car in Split as we heard that driving/parking is tragic in Trogir. Will probably just take the bus and do it as a day trip and loose the frustration of driving in the city. Will cetainly consider the other suggestions.