We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs that dispense Euros and Kunas?

Which Split hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
91 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs that dispense Euros and Kunas?

We'll be finishing our stay in Croatia in Split and then flying to Berlin. Our problem is that we will need a large amount of Euros (more than we can withdraw in a single day from an ATM) to pay for an apartment. Do ATMs in Croatia dispense more than just the kuna? In Mexico, for instance, some ATMs dispense both Mexican pesos and U.S. dollars. I would hope I could withdraw Euros in Split before arriving in Berlin.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,261 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs that dispense Euros and Kunas?

As far as I know only Kuna...and I am pretty sure that your apartment will take kuna since its the official currency. Prices might be listed in Euros but they can change that to kuna.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs that dispense Euros and Kunas?

You can arrange your money transfers through the bank itself. You get to go INSIDE bank (office) and do the business there. You can pre-arrange your money security features at your bank before you leave to have access to your money on particular day or week without security features, or change your spending/withdrawal limit.... ATM will dispose just KUNAs. You can change KUNA into EURO inside any bank or many exchange offices....

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs that dispense Euros and Kunas?

Pay in kuna. You don't want to do multiple changes and even though I have been quoted in euro for accommodation I have never paid in it. Its not even the Croatian currency.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
91 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATMs that dispense Euros and Kunas?

Let me clarify: as noted, we are LEAVING Croatia for Berlin and it is in Berlin IN BERLIN that we are renting an apartment. Because ATMs limit the maximum amount you can withdraw during any one 24 hour period, I hoped to start gathering Euros while we are in Croatia rather than not have enough Euros to pay for our apartment (about 600Euros) as well as cover basic cash needs on our first day in Berlin.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATMs that dispense Euros and Kunas?

Aha. Why not buy them in the bank in Germany? You would pay more to buy a currency that is not in use in the country you are in I would guess.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATMs that dispense Euros and Kunas?

various cards have various amounts you can withdraw. suggest you check to get a card that gives you the amount you need.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATMs that dispense Euros and Kunas?

You can pick up the money either in the bank or from ATM and exchange it in any exchange office or bank for Euros.

When I went to Croatia, I called my bank and told them to eliminate limits on my debit card for 7 days. I gave them dates and never had an issue with ATMs.

8. Re: ATMs that dispense Euros and Kunas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 05:18