We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from split to vis island

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from split to vis island

Can anyone offer advice regarding boat times to vis. On saturday 01.06.13 it looks like the last ferry is 18.30 from split, is anyone aware of any later boats? My plane does not land until 17.20 so I think it will be very unlikely I make this one. Is there any faster boats later in the evening?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
53,954 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from split to vis island

Would you consider spending a night in Split before departing the next morning? How many days do you have in Croatia? I also think it would be very close to getting there in time for that ferry if you jump in a taxi..

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from split to vis island

I have considered this but did wonder if there was a later ferry? Thanks

Hvar, Croatia
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from split to vis island

There is a ferry at 8:30 p.m. to Hvar :)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
53,954 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from split to vis island

I knew there was a later one but it looks to me on the table on Jadrolinija that the later one doesn't start til June 28th, but hopefully I am wrong on that.

Mentioned in this post
Jadrolinija
Jadrolinija
21 Reviews
Split, Croatia
Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,386 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from split to vis island

There is no later one until 28th June. I don't think that on a Saturday evening you would make it. If you have hand-luggage only and sprint off the plane to get a taxi (or even have a car waiting) you might but you will still be going through passport control and stamping of passports as you arrive pre 1st July.

There is a 20:30 catamaran on Friday but I assume you have booked your flights. On the plus side you can be on the 09:00 ferry to Vis on Sunday after spending the night in Split. It's a lovely trip.

Durham
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from split to vis island

The Sunday ferry is not until 11am, but probably better to take that and spend the first night relaxing in Trogir or Split rather than risking a very tight connection for the last ferry on Saturday night.

Mentioned in this post
Trogir
Trogir
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
7. Re: Travel from split to vis island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:16