We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia

Auckland
3 posts
Save Topic
Croatia

Any suggestions about the nicest seaside places in Croatia....not too big and busy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia

When are you planning to go?

Auckland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia

We are going in early August.

London, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia

Things will be busy in August - its really peak tourist time and almost by definition the nicest places suffer from the most tourists. I can only talk of some of the mid dalmatian islands and there are some smaller towns on Brac that may suit (Sutivan, Postira or Milna) but the choice of restaurants etc will be limited. Bol will be very busy but there is a great place 4 k from Bol called Murvica which has a good beach (down a bit of a hill) but you're close enough to get to Bol if you do end up after some nightlife. On Hvar, there is a great small hotel by the sea called Stella di Mare in a village called Zavala which is pretty isolated.

Auckland
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia

Thanks so much for that...it is very helpful.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croatia

Hi Spitfirepilot.

I'm getting on the back of this one....any suggestions for early September, please?

We've had Split suggested, and the island nearby, but there seems to be a lot to consider. Porec also sounds nice.

Any suggestions v welcome.

England, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Croatia

in may i did 2 nights in trogir 2 nights on hvar and last 3 nights in split it was perfect ...im going in 2 weeks to hvar thats my favorite the hotel is so nice amfora and september im back again with my 2 sons to hvar and split these have everything for us its just so fab .....

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Croatia

That sounds great - is amfora the name of the hotel? Could you let me have the other hotel names, please?

Would there be plenty to do for two of us who like exploring, rather than purely a beach holiday?

Also, did you fly in and out of Split?

Kind regards

Janet

England, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Croatia

yes we flrw to split and was picked up by our hotel owner in trogir we stayed 2 nights then went to hvar on hydrofoil from split its so easy doing it this way then back to split there is lots to see so you will never get bored ....you might if you didnt travel around but if you do what i did it will be amazing ....i even did it with my blind dad ....

The amfora is my hotel in july but in sept i have a place for 75euro a night in hvar but in may we stayed in a german ladies house it was an apartment above there home and it was 40euro a night perfect it just depends on what you are looking for let me know your budget ....i can tell you were to stay in all 3 places if i know what you like ...

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Croatia

I would also recommend the island of Vis and consider either Vis town or Komiza - probably the most picturesque place on the Adriatic. Google it!

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Croatia

Thanks for the ideas.

Looking deeper into this, I think we are goint to have to fly to Dubrovnik - no Liverpool or Manchester flights to Split. So I gues that may mean travelling up to Split on our arrival, then factoring the transfer back to Dubrovnik before we leave (that could mean a couple of days around there which could be v nice too!).

We haven't got a budget as such - having a memorable holiday is more important to us, but of course we like value for money.

The most important things are - not too many people around (esp boozy Brits), plenty of things to do (as long as we feel like it), places to swim in the afternoon when it gets hot(nice beach would be a bonus), and nice choice of restaurants.We're quite adventurous, and like new things and places to explore - hence Croatia.

I don't think we are that picky, but it's always nice to have a good choice before we narrow down what to go for, and of course, your recommendations are very appreciated.

I think we've got plenty of time to decide, so are not in a rush to book anything too soon.

Keep the mails coming!!!

Regards

Janet