We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oryx downtown location in Split

Which Split hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
B.C., Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Oryx downtown location in Split

We are returning a rental car to downtown Split in July with Auto Europe (Oryx) and the voucher shows the downtown office to be at Ulica Svetog Petra 1. I can't seem to find that address on Google Map in Split. Does anyone know where it is located, and if so, is it close to the ferry to Vis? Thank you!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oryx downtown location in Split

Its 2 min walk from freey port.. - 300m east from Diocletian palace

Adelaide
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oryx downtown location in Split

We have to return our hire car to Oryx, Downtown Split. Did you find that it is 300 m east from Diocletian Palace or near the ferry port was correct.

Thanks

Adelaide
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oryx downtown location in Split

We have to return our hire car to Oryx, Split Downtown. Did you find that it was 300m east from the Diocletian Palace and near the ferry port?

Thanks

London, England...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Oryx downtown location in Split

I'm just wondering if this was the correct address? I am also hiring a car from Zagreb and dropping off Downtown Split at Petra 1. Can you confirm?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oryx downtown location in Split

I had the same problem and contacted them.

You can find the location by searching Petrova ulica 1, Split on Google Maps.

B.C., Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oryx downtown location in Split

My husband and I dropped off our Oryx car a couple of weeks ago in Split. I can't remember the road name but we were on the main road that leads right to the palace and to the wharf where all the ferries are and bus station, and just before you turn a corner to the left where you will be at the wharf, there is a little road to the left where you turn off, and the office is on the left. It's a small office and very little room to park, so you could miss it. We did the first time and had to drive down by the ferry terminals, turn around near the bus station and then found it.

Hope this helps.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oryx downtown location in Split

Is the office near the airport as well. My map shows it close to the airport.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
46 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oryx downtown location in Split

Oryx downtown location adress is ulica Sv.Petra starog no.1 - it s very near hotel Luxe -ulica Kralja Zvonimira 6

If you find hotel Luxe on your left when you approaching to ferry port you will see a palm tree and there you should turn left .

Be careful turn off is before traffic lights.

Check it on google map street view.

Edited: 28 April 2014, 23:57
Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
46 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oryx downtown location in Split

On google map you must write exactly like this

Ulica Sv,Petra starog 1

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Oryx downtown location in Split

DO NOT USE

Picked up Zagreb, dropped off Split over 3 days. Prepaid £116.

Issue 1. Our flight was delayed, meaning we were charged 35 Euros for late pick up (after 21:30). This was not mentioned anywhere on the booking documentation and was a nasty surprise.

Issue 2. Car was changed at the last minute, not clean, full of debris from the beach and litter. Screenwash indicator flashed on the dashboard for the duration of our rental.

Issue 3. Only 50% of the damage was marked on the documentation, excluding 2 big scuffs and many dents from a hail storm. I think they would have ripped us off for this if we hadn't driven back to the airport to amend the documents.

Issue 4. Few directions or information how to find the place in Split, and when we arrived we were halted in the middle of the road. Car was pounced on, bags removed and we were practically turfed out onto the pavement so they could move the car quickly. Weren't given the chance to check the back of the car or glovebox etc. Staff quite abrupt and rude during and after.

Issue 5. After additional fees were added, small shortfall in petrol and then tax, we were charged an extra £105. We knew there would be added fees, but £221 is pricey for 3 days' rental!