We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpacker in Split for 4 days where to go?

London, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Backpacker in Split for 4 days where to go?

I'm a 22 yr old female solo backpacker flying into Split on 18th June for four nights. I'm looking for some advice on where I should stay over that time? I'm keen on places where I can meet fellow backpackers and like minded travellers, nothing too commercial or touristy, cheap, nice beaches and good partying. I was thinking one night in Split Town and then heading to the islands but unsure where to go? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpacker in Split for 4 days where to go?

Lots of hostels to choose from here, most right in the Old Town...but for more privacy try The Beach Hostel is near the only sandy beach in town and still just 10 minutes away from the Old Town and Palace. We sent people there and the resident manager, Lady Bird (her real name) and the ambience of the place is just very cool and unique. With lots of ferries you can check out Hvar and Brac and if you like more quiet, Solta is a great island to bike and enjoy. Scooters are also a perfect way to see an island....travel light, hang out, enjoy. The nightlife here in Split and on Hvar doesnt start until quite late, so at 1-2AM what is quiet at midnight is hopping...so plan your day accordingly!!

2. Re: Backpacker in Split for 4 days where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 05:17