We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch and a few hours to kill in Split...

Which Split hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch and a few hours to kill in Split...

Hi all,

Myself and girlfriend land at Split Airport at 10:35.

We're then heading onwards to Brac and Hvar before returning to Split for a day + night before we fly back.

Before getting the Sunday 4pm Catarmaran to Bol, I imagine we'll want to grab a long lunch in a nice location. Any recomendations of where to head for, or anything else worth seeing (we will likely have luggage with us unfortunately).

Many Thanks

Durham
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch and a few hours to kill in Split...

If your plane is on time you'll have 4-5 hours in Split. So after buying your catamaran first when you get to Split I would leave the luggage - there are a lot of left luggage places near the port - and wonder around Diocletian's Palace and along the Riva unencumbered.

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
55 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch and a few hours to kill in Split...

For lunch, try the Spalatin Restaurant in the Trg republika - great location, excellent food and good value pricing.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch and a few hours to kill in Split...

Definitely get the tickets first - you get them very close to where you get off the airport bus.

Level Contributor
7,677 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch and a few hours to kill in Split...

of course get the catamaran tickets first and hope that they are not sold out...even in June things were very tight. See the Palace and just to the west of the port area as you face the Riva is an area called Veli Varos...the old fishing area which is being renovated with lots of restaurants etc. Great atmosphere without the circus type crowds near the palace. Sperun is one of the most popular and very atmospheric inside and out for an excellent seafood meal at good prices. If that is full (it often is) there are a number of good places within the immediate area and all of this is very close to where your catamaran will leave from and the palace. Split has alot to offer but you need to limit the time in the immediate palace area which is overrun with tourists. I also highly recommend staying in the Varos area ...we loved it. I guess all this implies you have very light and easy to manipulate luggage. I don't know how feasible the palace is with luggage. Maybe there are storage areas?

Edited: 05 July 2013, 13:09
Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
55 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch and a few hours to kill in Split...

There's luggage storage near the bus station, which is opposite the ferry port, so you could drop off bags on the way to town from the bus, then pick them up again on your way to the cat.

6. Re: Lunch and a few hours to kill in Split...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:16