We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry schedule from Split to Hvar on August 21st or 22nd?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Topic
Ferry schedule from Split to Hvar on August 21st or 22nd?

Hi,

I will be landing in Split the evening of August 21st.

When is the earliest I can take a ferry(or any other fast mode of transportation) to get to Hvar?

Is there a ferry available over night? If not, when is the earliest I can take the ferry the next day and how long dos it take to get there?

Also since it is the busy season, do you recommend buying ferry tickets in advance from the US or will I be ok getting a ticket the day that I leave?

Thanks!

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry schedule from Split to Hvar on August 21st or 22nd?

Buy the tickets as soon as you arrive in Split - you can't buy them in the US so far as I am aware. You don't say what time you arrive and I am not clear if you want to go to Hvar Town or some other part of Hvar. There are 2 companies; Jadrolinija run ferries to the deep water port at Stari Grad (2 hours) and then you get a bus to Hvar Town or elsewhere and both Jadrolinija and Krilo Jet run catamarans to Hvar Town (1 hour) www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?dpid=1632 and http://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing_schedule.html

The last Split to Stari Grad ferry is at 8.30pm. Jadrolinija have an 11.30am cat to Hvar Town as well as a 3pm and a 5pm. Krilo Jet currently leaves at 5pm but they may run an earlier cat which they did in July and August last year - check their website regularly.

Jadrolinija also run a cat to Jelsa on Hvar but it leaves at 4pm.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry schedule from Split to Hvar on August 21st or 22nd?

Thank you for the info. We arrive in Split at 8pm so I imagine catchng the 830pm ferry will not be possible.

We are looking to go to the main part of Hvar where all the actio is, which I am assuming is Hvar town?

So the earliers jet run cataramanto hvar in the morning is at 1130 AM,or is there an earlier jet or ferry?

Thanks again!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,781 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry schedule from Split to Hvar on August 21st or 22nd?

In looking at the website on Jadrolinija there is a 130 AM ferry to Stari Grad that gets there at 330 am...so that is the earliest ferry to take the next day! Would there be a bus waiting on that ferry and anyone know why a ferry that early in the morning???

4. Re: Ferry schedule from Split to Hvar on August 21st or 22nd?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 06:17