We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Dubrovnik from the islands?

Brazil
Level Contributor
5 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Dubrovnik from the islands?

I´m going to spend 4 nights in split, and than head to the islands, where i´ll have 5 nights. Finally, I want to spend 4 nights in split, in September. Whats the best way to reach mainland Dubrovnik? Shall I leave from Hvar or Brac? Thaks!!

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Durham
Level Contributor
5,352 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Dubrovnik from the islands?

If you've no car get the catamaran or ferry back to Split and the bus from there.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Dubrovnik from the islands?

Not clear whether you want to go to Dubrovnik from Split or from the islands. There is a catamaran to Hvar from Split and then to Korcula, a fabulous island. Daily excursion from Korcula, short ferry across the channel, then a van directly to Dubrovnik, just 30Euros! Just google Korcula to Dubrovnik transfer, I think the group that does it is Korkyra, but it is on line. So, spend some time on Hvar, and then get the catamaran to Korcula from Hvar, some time in Korcula, and then to Dubrovnik. The other route is a ferry from Split to Dubrovnik, but runs only once a week or so and take a long time. Fastest way is bus, 4 to 5 hours. Lots of departures.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Brazil
Level Contributor
5 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Dubrovnik from the islands?

Thanks!!! Great tips!!!

4. Re: How to get to Dubrovnik from the islands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 05:16