We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran to Hvar mid-September

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
553 posts
378 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran to Hvar mid-September

We will be driving from Dubrovnik to Split on Sept. 17 to catch a catamaran to Hvar. I know we can't book in advance, and we won't be in Split when tickets go on sale the day before. Will it be less crowded by then and are we likely to be able to get tickets when we get there, early afternoon?

Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran to Hvar mid-September

Yes September is less crowded but you should try and get there as early as possible. I take groups in September and are in Trogir the day before and i go buy my tickets then, do you plan to take the cat on September 17 or 18??

Edited: 17 August 2013, 14:09
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
553 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran to Hvar mid-September

We'll be taking the cat on the 17th. I hope!

Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran to Hvar mid-September

Well the chances were I guess small but I am on the morning cat to Hvar with my groupo on the 17th!!! I will be in Split the day before and thats when I buy my tickets, so could buy a couple extra for you for the afternoon departure you want and leave them at the agency we deal with which is about 5 minutes from the ferry dock on the only road going down to the dock. You say driving Dubrovnik to Split, do you have a car to leave in Split like rental car because then tickets could also be left at the rental agency!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
553 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran to Hvar mid-September

Wow, Peter, that is awfully kind of you! I have a message out to my travel agent to verify whether or not they are able to provide the tickets for us. I'll get back to you after I hear from her. Yes, we have a rental car to drop off in Split, I have no idea yet the name of the agency or where they are located (are they mostly near the ferry docks?)

Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamaran to Hvar mid-September

Probably most are at the airport and some have intown offices, navigation is not easy its a real zoo in that area. Thats why I asked! Airport is easy to find but then its a shutle bus to the port about 30-60 minutes depending on traffic and schedule of the shutles.

6. Re: Catamaran to Hvar mid-September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 06:21