We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few days in Split

Ottawa
Level Contributor
668 posts
332 reviews
Save Topic
A few days in Split

We are looking at a few days in Split around early October.

We are looking at self catering for some meals as my wife is a vegan. Don't want to stay in all the time, so we will try our luck out the rest of the time. I have looked at Divota and Villa Kastel, locations seem good and they seem to have kitchenettes. There seems to be a good market near the palace?

If you could visit one island by ferry from Split, which one?

Is the best way to Dubrovnik by bus or ferry to Korcula and bus to Dubrovnik?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A few days in Split

Have a look at the Split Inn Apartments tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g295370-d115…

We stayed for a few days last year and were thrilled with the location, quality and price. Short walking distance to everywhere....fully self contained in a very quiet part of Split with lots of local restaurants close by.

The bus is a great option to Dubrovnik. We actually hired a car and did it ourselves - it's only about 250kms from memory. We got a good quality, relatively new car, all insurance and one way drop in Dubrovnik for around €100

One of the great road trips, and you have the option of stopping at lost of little places along the way - we stopped at Klek, Ston and other places for lunch, refreshments and to check out the villages....brilliant.

Whatever happens, the drive will blow your mind.

Finally, in my opinion Hvar deserves more than a day trip. Try looking for a self contained apartment and at least overnight.

Good luck - you make me envious for another visit!

Waitsfield, Vermont
Level Contributor
753 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A few days in Split

Mullos1962 - could you tell me who you rented the car from? We're looking at flying into Split and home from Dubrovnik, so this may work for us. Thank you in advance.

13. Re: A few days in Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Split