We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days and 4 nights, flying in and out of Split

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
3 days and 4 nights, flying in and out of Split

Lively mom traveling with two daughters in 20s seeks advice on how to best use our time. We want to see the beautiful coast and go to a beach. Should we definitely go to Dubrovnik? Nightlife not required (we are spending tons of time in Berlin, so they can party there!). We are mid-range spenders I would say. Any advice welcome.

Debby

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
11,810 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days and 4 nights, flying in and out of Split

When are you going and will you have a car? Also, are you interested in visiting a stunning national park not far form Split? I think with only 3 days, you should forget Dubrovnik.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days and 4 nights, flying in and out of Split

Mid-June. I don't really want to rent a car, but we could. I would be interested in the park, but not at the expense of the beach/coast. Thanks for your help.

Debby

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,390 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days and 4 nights, flying in and out of Split

If you are flying in and out of Split I say go out to an island such as Brac and enjoy yourselves out there!

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
11,810 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days and 4 nights, flying in and out of Split

Barry has a good suggestion. The park I had in mind was Krka National Park, but if you don't want to rent a car, it might be better just to spend that time in Split and an island.

Zagreb, Grad...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days and 4 nights, flying in and out of Split

Im afraid you might loose too much time going to Dubrovnik from Split, in such a short trip.

I would advice you to take a day trip to island Hvar, city Hvar instead. Also, National Park Krka is like hour and a half car ride from Split, so thats also a nice field trip to do. In Split in particular, you might enjoy local food and couple of museums :)

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days and 4 nights, flying in and out of Split

Lots of posts similar to yours so do a search. This is not a beachy country in the strict sense of the word since we dont have a lot of sand and what there is is not pink, white or silky smooth. But the ocean swimming is fabulous and the number of Blue Flag beaches here attest to the very high cleanliness level! That said, find an apartment, we send friends to Niiksa at www.split-apartment.com or even AirbnB. With such a great Green Market and fish market, even doing a little home cooking will be fun and delicious since most stuff is pesticide free and delicious. Day trips to the islands are easy---for more privacy, some are speedboat trips with less people but cover more ground. You can go all the way to Vis and back in a day, with swimming stops and the Blue Cave included! As lots have mentioned Bol Beach on Brac is where a lot of people go...shade, changing rooms, nude on one end, clothed on the other. Secluded covers, pebbly beaches on Hvar and the offshore Pakleni islands and also mentioned, very private ocean swimming with small pebbly beaches on Solta. If the seaplane service starts, sounds like the extra cost of zipping to Lastovo and Korcula for better beaches and less crowds might be the ticket. Check the website of European Coastal Airways to see when/if they will be flying from Split. If not, Solta, Brac and Hvar are all easy day trips.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days and 4 nights, flying in and out of Split

Thank you for all your responses. We will go to the national park and an island.

Debby

8. Re: 3 days and 4 nights, flying in and out of Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 05:16