We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flooding in Croatia

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
76 posts
333 reviews
Save Topic
Flooding in Croatia

Hi, I'm going to Dubrovnik and the Dalmatian Coast on Sunday and have just seen news of the dreadful flooding in the Balkans. The newspaper said thousands of tourists have cancelled. Can anyone offer advice and give specific locations of the flies as the news seems very general. Many thanks and hope everything is improving for those people whose homes have been affected.

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flooding in Croatia

Absolutely no issue in Croatia for the tourist regions!

Roads are open, everything from Zagreb down to the coast in Croatia is fine. In Bosnia until now Sarajevo is fine and it seems nothing will be in Mostar. Take a look at the flood region in Croatia, it's around Slavonski Brod.

So travel, take some old clothes you can leave at the Red Cross in Dubrovnik and take instead some wine in your suitcases.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
860 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flooding in Croatia

no problems in Dubrovnik, northern Croatia is affected

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flooding in Croatia

Which Part of Northern Croatia is affected? Zagreb?

How about Slovenia?

Thanks

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flooding in Croatia

Which Part of Northern Croatia is affected? Zagreb?

How about Slovenia?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flooding in Croatia

I believe its the northeast part of Croatia near the Serbian border...haven't heard anything about Zagreb but maybe someone there can verify.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flooding in Croatia

A friend who lives in Zagreb, said that no problems in Zagreb, no flooding.

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flooding in Croatia

Slovenia is 100% fine. Croatia, only the northeast is effected. Everything from Zagrb to Pula or Dubrovnik is also 100% okay. Bosnia is sadly 1/3 under water. Mostar is okay. Serbia was sadly also hit strong. Beograd is no go now for tourists.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Flooding in Croatia

Hi

I am also travelling to Dubrovnik on 25th May and driving up Dalmatian Coast to Zadar taking 2 weeks... Any Problems ?? roads ? Flooding. Zadar was'nt mentioned - is it ok. Hav'nt been to Croata before.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flooding in Croatia

The coastal area has not been affected at all so unless something changes you will not be going through any of the flooded areas. So no worries!

Atlanta, GA, USA
Level Contributor
415 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flooding in Croatia

Hi all! My parents and I are arriving in Zagreb next Wednesday and heading down to Plitvice, then over to Istria. As I recall, the Plitvice Lakes are near the Bosnian border, do you think we'll have any trouble with visiting there, or any restrictions on seeing Plitvice?

Thank you!