We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy a decent beach umbrella in Split?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy a decent beach umbrella in Split?

Hi All,

I'd like to buy a decent beach umbrella in Split before spending two weeks on Hvar…hiring one and a lounger everyday starts to add up. Can anyone tell me the best place to do this given that I have about 90 mins from arriving at the Harbour to catching the ferry?. Is there someplace that I can get to easily in that time near to the ferry?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy a decent beach umbrella in Split?

Plodine, Konzum and Kaufland all have large "hypermarkets" in Split, right on bus lines. Lots of consumer goods as well as food. We have bought umbrelllas from all three. Slightly out of town is Bauhaus and BauMax, which are big box doi it yourself stores.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy a decent beach umbrella in Split?

Wonderful - exactly what I needed! Thanks so much!!

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy a decent beach umbrella in Split?

Supermarkets have them and you would also be able to get one in the market which is opposite the port. Get beach-shoes too if you don't like pebbles.

Hvar, Croatia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy a decent beach umbrella in Split?

LIDL also has a great sun umbrellas.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy a decent beach umbrella in Split?

Thanks everybody - sounds like I can do this easily! Appreciate the help!

6. Re: Where to buy a decent beach umbrella in Split?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Split