We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik Old Town

Mt. Vernon
Level Contributor
52 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik Old Town

Day 4 of our trip

Today we spent the day in town, walked the wall, ate lunch and enjoyed the beautiful views of Dubrovnik. The wall is amazing and worth the effort - perhaps a bit pricey for some at 150 kn each, but while in Dubrovnik you really should do it. We chose a nice pizza place and a gelato, then checked out D'Vino Wine Bar. Later in the afternoon we walked the wall to avoid some of the crowds. It was a cooler day and it even rained a bit, but was nice to not be on the wall with sun beating down. Later we stopped at Buza Bar for a drink. We were disappointed in the bar - felt it was over-hyped. Boring and uninterested service with limited drink options - better to go elsewhere.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
D'vino Wine Bar
D'vino Wine Bar
2,010 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Konoba Veranda
££ - £££, Seafood, Mediterranean, Croatian
Tavern Arka Restaurant
££ - £££, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
BOWA Dubrovnik
££ - £££, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
8 replies to this topic
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
57,437 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

I think Buza is all about the view...drink prices are crazy high..thanks for the report.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

thanks for that Winesnobs! what is the current temperature? I am really glad to read your reviews, extremely helpful for my upcoming trip!

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
201 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

Thanks for that review. I was thinking of having a drink at the Buza bar but I think I'll pass now.mWe'll definitely walk the walk. I'd love to know the temperature too. We'll be there in two weeks 😊Thanks, Pat

Mt. Vernon
Level Contributor
52 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

Ljasw and Pat,

The temperatures are around 70 here now. I would expect by October you'll likely have some 60's. The day we walked the wall we had some rain. But, we all decided it could have been worse with blazing heat from the sun.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
679 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

Buza is worth it for the view, to me. Have fond memories of sitting in the sun watching a shoal of fish jumping in between Dubrovnik and Lokrum. It would be a stunning place to watch the sun set.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Lokrum
Lokrum
118 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
L B
St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

How much was a drink there?

Mt. Vernon
Level Contributor
52 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

We paid $30.00 US for 4 drinks. They bring your order in bottles and provide you with plastic cups to pour yourself. Do not expect much service - just enjoy the view.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
12,965 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubrovnik Old Town

while in Dubrovnik you really should do it

===

Quite correct.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik