We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dubrovnik night life

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
llanelli
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
dubrovnik night life

Have just returned from my first visit to croatia and all i can say is,im in love! What a beautiful place, i wish id discovered it years ago. I stayed in rovinj at the park hotel(excellent by the way). I loved it so much want to return in august, but this time visit dubrovnik.

The only down side for me was, as we'd gone early in the season, not much nightlife. I was wondering what dubrovnik, in august holds? Any ideas on bars etc that are a must. No nightclubs etc just a couple of bars with good atmosphere, after a hard day of sightseeing

Regards,Amanda

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,133 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dubrovnik night life

I think the nightlife in Dubrovnik is great. I wasn't in to the loud nightclubs either, but there are plenty of places to sit down and have a drink and people watch. There is also live music around and its just a great place to sit and relax. So many people just like to get a chair along the Stradun and sit and watch the many many people that walk by. For me its just a great way to spend an evening after a long day out in the sun. I'd say, go for it in August.

Bradford
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dubrovnik night life

Hi

I stayed in Rovinj at the Park last year and it is very good as you say. Just come back from Dubrovnik and bars are much more expensive there than Rovinj. Its around £1.70 - £2.20 for a small bottle of beer and £2.50 - £3.00 for a half litre of draft. Wine is around £2.20 - £2.50 a glass. The bars on the main street (Stradun) are the most expensive but this is the best place to people watch - the second one from the far end if you go in by Pile Gate seems the most reasonable price wise but there are cheaper bars near the cathedral which get lively later on. We only found one bar with a view which is up near the Ploce Gate but they put their prices up while we were there and I didn't like their beer so we gave it a miss after that! (As you can see I don't like being ripped off!).

Pay Cavtat a visit one day or evening it is very pleasant, cheaper and there is a bar with a lovely view of the curve of the waterfront.

Also a visit to the Elaphite Islands is worthwhile

Have a good time

Joe G

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: dubrovnik night life

I think most travellees feel as you do. Take your first trip, fall in love, and count the days until you get to go back again! If are looking for the busy Croatia, you may want to go between mid July and mid August. Although I like some peace and quiet from time to time, busy Croatia is also quite the experience!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
443 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dubrovnik night life

Sit outside at the Troubador and listen to the great music. It's a bit pricey for drinks, but, the atmosphere is great!

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: dubrovnik night life

Agreed on the previous take on troubador. Great place to hang out!

spartakev
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: dubrovnik night life

and the arsenal bar is really good too.....sit inside, or outside overlooking the harbour.

London
Level Contributor
53 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dubrovnik night life

Good stuff guys - thanks!

8. Re: dubrovnik night life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 16:15