We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Dubrovnik and Split

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Distance between Dubrovnik and Split

Does anyone know how long the drive is between these two desitnations?

I have car hire for 2 weeks, have the 1st week in Dubrovnik, 4 nights on Miject but wanted to know if it was feasible to drive to Split and get to some of the other islands without it taking up a whole day.

Cheers

Muffworm

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Dubrovnik and Split

Muffworm

The driving distance from Dubrovnik to Split is 230 km. It should take you up to about 4 hours to make the trip providing you don't make any stops and depending on traffic. There are many smaller towns along the way and the coastal highway does not let you move too quickly with traffic.

Are you saying that you are looking for things do do for 3 additional days? What type of trip are you taking? Are you looking for history, sites, relaxation and nightlife? I would imagine that you could spend a day on each island such as Korcula, Hvar, and Brac and use Jadrolinja's ferries. Or you could spend all 3 days on one island if you wish. You could get to Split, which is worth seeing, but you would want at least one full day there. I would not normally recommend Split over the islands, but you are going to be on Mljet previous to this. Makarska is also a place worth visiting. There are many other small, but beautiful, places along the coast to Split too.

You do have alot of options.

Maybe a suggestion....if you have 3 days....

Drive from Dubrovnik to Makarska and stay there for one night. You can go to Makarska's website to find out information on accommodations.

Take the ferry (which is first come/first served) from Makarska to the island of Brac. The city that you will arrive in is in Sumartin. From there, drive to Bol and stay 2 nights. Bol has a very relaxed atmosphere with Zlatni Rat (Beach) and great nightlife. You then will have to take your car back to Sumartin and the ferry back to Makarska to eventually get back to Dubrovnik.

It is up to you though...I have been to Split twice and maybe you have not. There are many options...I have done this portion of the trip two summers ago and was happy I did.

Good Luck!

Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik