We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Old Town Accommodation

Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Private Old Town Accommodation

Hi There,

I will be spending 8 nights with my fiancee in the wonderful dubrovnik.

we are meeting up after 5 weeks of (seperate) independant travel around europe, and would like to stay in a tradional apartment within the old town.

we are staying in the peak season and have a budget of about 100Euros ($200 AUD) a night.

does anyone have any suggestions, or are all the private apartments pretty much a 'dime a dozen' so to speak.

Cheers

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Old Town Accommodation

You have to book in advance for the peak season, there are many topics here about the apartments and travellers'reviews too to help you make up your mind.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,078 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Old Town Accommodation

email Nena, at simply angelic apartments...our apartment in the Ploce (the best place i have ever stayed in, by the way), put us up in an unbelievable chic apt, in old town for the 1st night. This was her friends apt. Have no idea what it runs for, but is on the 3rd floor by the church. Very chic, but Nenas apt, simply angelic, has a MUCH better view of the old town.

USA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Old Town Accommodation

From what I have seen online, there are a lot of private apartments in Dubrovnik with varying degrees of quality and amenities. For my first trip to Dubrovnik in 2006, I found an apartment through Dubrovnik Apartment Source (www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com). They had a pretty good selection of apartments; I am going to check out their site again for my return trip this year.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Old Town Accommodation

dubrovnikapartmetsource is probably the best source on that matter

new york
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Old Town Accommodation

I stayed in Roko house. It was more than we expeceted. Check it. Rates are inside your budget limits (I think).

new york
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Old Town Accommodation

Dear Charlie48,

Did that house have terrace on the top? Were there pizzerias in the street below the house? I think that this chic apartment was in Roko house. I have been there and was amaized.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,078 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Old Town Accommodation

no terrace on top, that we knew of. it was, as you come into old town...the church is right there, and to the right, on the very top was the apt...well, should call it a chic apt. think the name was nautica III...stairs as you come in, bathroom to the left, right as you come in, and up the stairs, the living room with a raised bed, and wonderful kitchen...i thought i had died and gone to heaven.

Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Old Town Accommodation

thanks for all your feed back.

i actually found a link to the roko apartments through another thread on here and they look very nice.

we have booked the B2 apartment in Roko House, they look like great value for money when compared with many other private apartments. I guess i'll find out just how good when i stay there, but 80 Euros a night right in the middle of the peak season seems like great value.

they do have a roof top terrace too.

http://www.rokoapartments.com/

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Old Town Accommodation

I have been looking at the Roko apartments and would be interested in knowing what they were like. Any comments would be appreciated.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Old Town Accommodation

Hello , I do know nice apartments just out of the city walls - I do know just the e-mail of that lady .: Emica.sutić@gmail.com Maybe she can give you a link to here web- site if she has one.

Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik