We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blues in Dobrovnik

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blues in Dobrovnik

Can anyone recommend any places to hear live music, preferably blues or jazz, in Dubrovnik? I'll be there the first week of October.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Ireland
Level Contributor
478 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blues in Dobrovnik

I am going to Dubrovenik in October too, I also asked the question about live music, someone said there is a really good live jazz pub/bar in old town but unfortunately they didn't know the name, but said you would probably find it easy....Good Luck and if you get any more info on Live music please pass it on.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blues in Dobrovnik

it could be hemmingways - I know they have great music here - they bring the piano out onto the street - it is fairly easy to find - from Pile Gate walk down the main street to the end, take the right turn and walk down this street and Hemmingways is the last building on the right - there is a little alleyway right after Hemmingways that takes you to another little pub and a little plaza. Hemmingways is gorgeous - I could be wrong, it might not be hemmingways that the other person is talking about, but if it is in the old town you won't have any problems finding it. Good Luck with your holidays - its a great place - Im heading back for my third time at the end of October

Mentioned in this post
Pile Gate
Pile Gate
1,896 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
USA
Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Blues in Dobrovnik

Its called Trubadour. Located around the corner from Hemingways. Live music year round. Always a fun time.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blues in Dobrovnik

that's the one, Troubadors, just round from Hemmingways. Thanks

London
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blues in Dobrovnik

Trubadur is very famous but extremely expensive café and hygiene there is questionable

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blues in Dobrovnik

I found that also. The drinks in Hemmingways was expensive enough (especiall the cocktails) but we used go there just cause the atmosphere was great. Once we went to Troubadors and the drinks were about 2.50 Euro more expensive than Hemmingways. The only thing is, tho, you can still sit there on the plaza side, enjoy the atmosphere and relax, without getting a drink at troubadors.

The toilet wasn't the best, in Troubador, but I have seen worse.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Blues in Dobrovnik

Thanks for all of the great info. I leave in two weeks, and these posts are a great way to start my vacation early!

Is there live music every night? I arrive on a Friday and may be too tired to stay out too late that night, but don't want to miss the music if it's only on the weekend.

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
17 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blues in Dobrovnik

Hi camparlene. How long are you staying in Dubrovnik? We are arriving on 7th Oct and staying for 1 week, so I'm wondering if you'll be there at the same time as us.

I hope you have a nice time there. Its our first time but we hear that its fabulous.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Blues in Dobrovnik

Unfortunately, I'll be leaving on the 6th of October, but if I have any good suggestions for you, I'll post them here. Enjoy your trip, too!