We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Day Trips From Dubrovnik

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
County Down...
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Easy Day Trips From Dubrovnik

We will be visiting Croatia for the first time and staying for a week in the Ploce area of Dubrovnik withou transport of our own. On a few of the days we would like to take some easy day trips and see a bit of the surrounding coast and islands. We would consider organised trips if they were good ones, and also going on our steam if it is easy to do.

Can anyone advise how and where we could best do this?

Thanks in advance

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Cavtat, Dubrovnik, Kotor
Level Contributor
856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Day Trips From Dubrovnik

Let`s say:

Korcula

Mljet

Mostar

Montenegro - Kotor Bay

Best option is to hire a car and explore these places (at least some of them!) on your own - there is alot to see

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Day Trips From Dubrovnik

I agree with the car rental. A day traveling around the peninsula to Ston, Mali Ston, maybe to wineries and Korcula would be best done at leisure. And, if I may be so bold, haven't you had enough of those tour groups? We once met a bus on a road near Dingle, and there was just no contest as to who had to back up. From then on, we referred to them as FTBs...you get to fill in the blanks. Seriously though, the area around Dubrovnik is spectacular, both to the north and south, and it would be a shame to be at the mercy of an organized tour. I bet you are awash in spring flowers there right now - lucky you.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,107 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Day Trips From Dubrovnik

Agreed, rent a car for the day and head to Korcula or Mostar.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy Day Trips From Dubrovnik

Hi alexa21 :O)

From the Ploce area you can find lots of agencies (if you want them) that let you hire boats, and you have good access to Dubrovnik port from where you can catch boat trips to Lokrum, Elafiti islands, Cavtat.

Further to the responses your post has already received I would strongly recommend that you see the Montenegrin coastline, whether under your own steam or on an organised excursion. I can recommend a tour operator that I used (send me a personal message if this is what you want).

The bottom line is that there are lots of nice day trip from Dubrovnik and you should find it easy to have a great time.

County Down...
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy Day Trips From Dubrovnik

Hi Wonderfulworld

Thank you very much for your help.

We will not be able to hire a car to drive around so will be dependent on independent boat trips or excursions. I am interested in your suggestion about Montenegro and I was wondering also if you can get a boat trip to Mljet and back leaving from Dubrovnik? Have you any idea how long you would spend travelling to each of these places?

Thanks again,

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
69 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy Day Trips From Dubrovnik

You can rent a minivan with driver and guide if you are with more (3-4 ) people it will not be so expensive ( about 300 euro )

http://www.obrtnici.info/web/solangelo here you have contact so you can have more information by e-mail or phone

County Down...
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy Day Trips From Dubrovnik

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to respond to my request.

I am gradually putting together some ideas now thabks to you all.

It sounds like a beauriful country and I can't wait to see it!

8. Re: Easy Day Trips From Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 16:23