We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversaty meal

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversaty meal

Hi everyone,

We are going to Dubrovnik in October for a long weekend to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

Our actual anniversary is the Sunday evening and i was hoping for a recommendation for a restaurant.

I would love a restaurant with a fantastic view and obviously nice food. Money is not so important however t doesn't have to be the most expensive just because it is our anniversary.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Chris

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversaty meal

My suggestion would be that you look around the city and find a spot that appeals. We have not been to Gil's but understand that it is both spectacular an dpricey. Our favourite is Rosarji, just up from Rector's Palace and the Clock Tower( there are reviews) and you could book an outdoor table. Nishta is superb for vegetarian food,and Da Vino is a superb wine bar. If you are able to forego privacy during a meal, you'll have lots of options. We have been in Dubrovnik many times over the past 19 years (university conference) and are never disappointed. Good luck, and feel free to post all the questions you want. This is a friendly, helpful forum.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversaty meal

i think that Gils, is well, a bit overpriced and for those who WANT THE BEST experience. As i have said before, i was excited to see Gils, as i am a foodie. As we sat, up in the Ploce, looking at the wonderful walled ancient city, there was Gils, it has purple neon lights on the wall, something seems amiss with that. YES< it does have a great view, but we loved Nishta, as well. The vege resturant. There are many rest. to decide from . Does anyone know the name of the really authentic rest. that sits up on the south hill from DUB.? our taxi driver said that they have the best food, all done under the "dome". That would be truely a Croatian experience.

3. Re: Anniversaty meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2009, 06:21