We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mlini

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Mlini

Hi, was orginally looking at zaton mali for our hols next sept,but after doing some research came across mlini,we like small village type places with no big hotels,please can anyone give me some more advice on this resort thanks in advance.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mlini

Mlini is a very small resort with only a few hotels.

Stay in Hotel Mlini if you can as it's far smaller than the others and all the better for it.

You can walk along the coast to nearby villages and Cavtat and Dubrovnik are only a short bus journey.

There used to be a boat service to Dubrovnik which if it's still going is a great way to enter this magnificent town.

Mlini means Mill and amazingly there is a picturesque mill right in the village centre!

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mlini

Hi thanks for reply,was looking at palma pension as we prefer to self cater rather than stay in hotels,would you say mlini is a nicer place to stay than zaton mali?or is there any other areas that would suit better?our preferences are very small resort 3-8 restaurants maybe a couple of bars not essential pictursque scenery near or on beach, very quite area i know a lot to ask but location is so important, are there any islands to stay on suiting our criteria? thanks..

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mlini

How about lopud island or similiar?never been to croatia so need as much info as possible thanks.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mlini

I've never been to Zaton Mali so I can't comment on it.

Mlini is a pretty village and near enough to other places of interest to make it a good base.

Korcula is a lovely island and if you fancy a two centre break would be ideal as it's not too difficult to get there from the Dubrovnik area.

scotland
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mlini

hi we were in mlini at the start of october we had a wonderfull time so good that when we got home we have just booked up for a week in may.We stayed in the tonkovik appartments which is at the top of the hill above the main road .There is a bus stop on the main road the buses are about every half hour till midnight they cost 10 kuna to Dubrovnik or Cavtat.There is also a water taxi going from Mlini harbour .We hired a car for three days from bingo car rental(29 euro a day whith no credit card deposit)WEdrove down to Montrangro which was an easy drive lovely country and the next day we drove to Mostar in Bosnia,long drive but worth doing.Now we just have to looh forward to may we are staying at the Marnic apartments in soline just next to Mlini.We have been going to greece for the last 10 years and are now well and trully converted.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mlini

Mlini is a delightful little place, you can walk round the headland to the next village - I think it;s Soline? - and there's a wonderful little beach and the Bistro Caffe Bar G which has a lovely outdoor terrace, and a nice restaurant up on the balcony above, Fabulous views!

Zaton is also gorgeous, and Restaurant Orhan is terrific.

However I would say Mlini is more convenient for buses, and the watertaxi/bus if you want to get around easily. In Zaton you have to rely on the local buses which probably take you to Gruz, and then you still have to get to Dubrovnik Old Town. From Mlini you can get the bus hourly on the top road (OK, so it's a bit of a hike up!) and this drops you right outside the Pile Gate, or you can catch the boat as it goes from Cavtat to Dubrovnik, again almost hourly.

I love Zaton but would choose Mlini for convenience every time, if I did not have a rental car.

Hope this helps a bit.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mlini

Thanks guys for advice.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mlini

Still going to maybe try zaton mali,we wont be hiring a car as we love to walk when were on our hols looking at house tereza for our accomadation so any info would be great thanks.

9. Re: Mlini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2010, 05:17