We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik

Glasgow
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik

Can anyone suggest where to stay, if we want to visit Dubrovnik old town, somewhere nearby with a Pool 3-4 star Hotel accommodation. Also is eating out in Dubrovnik very expensive, if we decide to stay near old town.

OR

A lively resort, say like Cavtat, with travel into Dubrovnik Old Town. Are there any other resorts near to Dubrovnik ?

Thanks,

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik

It all depends on the time of year you are visiting. Out of season, hotels have great discounts and in the high season I would stay away from the Old Town so think about maybe hotel Uvala or Neptun. Some great reviews can be found on this site under Dubrovnik Hotels section.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,481 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik

In my opinion a place in the Ploce area of Dubrovnik is ideal. It sounds from your post that you are concerned about prices, then why not just rent an apartment and save yourself some money? I know that you also asked about a pool too though.

One could also stay in Cavtat and just come to the Old Town whenever and that is also a good idea. But I would rather be in the hussle and bussle of the Old Town area.

croatia
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik

I would also choose private apartments in Ploce area. In the Old Town or near it you can't find 3 or 4 star hotel with the pool. I don't know how important pool is for you but there are also few private accommodations in the Ploce area with the pool.

kent
Level Contributor
264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik

Hi

We went to durovnik in october and stayed in lapad, I wouldnt reccomend the hotel we stayed in but there were many hotels in the area and you can get a bus from lapad which takes about 10 mins to dubronik town, There is a small beach in lapad and several restuarants. We visited a hotel complex where we sunbathed and ate in lapad it looked really nice and if we went again we would stay there it was http://importanneresort.com/

Glasgow
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik

Hi Barrymanilow,

Thanks for your reply. Just wondered what you thought of Cavtat, we are considering staying there in early June next year, and commuting to Dubrovnik to take in the sights.

Was Cavtat busy, any bars etc? Some are saying it's very quiet and dead by 10pm, what do you think?

Thanks,

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
522 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubrovnik

We stayed in Cavtat last June and it was very quiet, but we liked that. There is a good selection of restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets. We found it closed around 11.30 - 12ish, with the exception of a couple of bars where you could drink later. Friday and Saturday nights they were open later. The harbour was really beautiful and the scenery fantastic, we loved it and will return again. We went self catering last time and I am looking at staying in a hotel nearer Dubrovnik for next May/June with friends. We visited Dubrovnik on the boat from Cavtat (30 minutes) and everywhere on the coast looked lovely. I think Cavtat is too quiet for younger couples and also parents who take teenagers with them on holiday as there is not very much to do locally. We loved it.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,481 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubrovnik

Agreed that Cavtat would be more for people who are looking for more peace and quiet.

uk
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubrovnik

where would you recomend then that is a bit more lively but at the same time not 18-30s type of thing? We fly in to Dubrovnik airport, so perhaps no more than one hour away. I'm worried now, my husband will kill me if it is like a ghost town! thanks

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,481 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubrovnik

Why not just stay in Dubrovnik? It is definitely lively enough in the Old Town.

uk
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dubrovnik

I'd like a pool and a few have said it's very expensive there. I've pre warned hubby that it may be a little quiet and he seems fine. I think the walks around Cavtat look amazing and we can still visit places on trip etc. I'm excited again now - thanks for all your help!

Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik