We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
41 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik

is dubrovnik worth the visit??? We want to go to Hvar & Baska for certain. Thanks.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik

Only you can decide if you think Dubrovnik is worth a visit. You can begin doing some research on what we have to offer by visiting the Dubrovnik tourist bureau website. This site is filled in data about our town and you can then decide if you wish to include Dubrovnik in your itinerary.

Dobrodosli u Dubrovnik

http://www.tzdubrovnik.hr/english/index.php

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,493 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik is a must see in my opinion and should be on your radar. Though Baska and Hvar are nice, Dubrovnik is just a place that everyone should experience. It is such a beautiful, enchanting place and you should really think about going there if at all possible.

croatia
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik

There is no doubt that Dubrovnik is a must see so put it in your itinerary and you will not regret!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik

Is Dubrovnik worth the visit....?

even though it gets busy here in the season , it is definately worth it the visit.

the jewel of the Adriatic.

definatley walk the walls . you can buy a 4 pass ticket from the tourist office , which will save you $$$.....

buza cafe....

lokrum island....

night life ... check out davino wine bar , for a chill .

ive been livin here from down under for the last 3 years.... ahh the hard life..

SO YES check out dubrovnik...

drop me a line for further info if you want.

croatiamate

Liverpool,UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik

Thinking of Dubrovnik in September.Are there any boat trips worth going on?

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubrovnik

There is a 3-island tour to the Elafiti islands which you can catch at the Old Town port. There is also a short ferry ride to Lorkum island and to Cavtat. Both of these are worth the trip if you have the time.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
692 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubrovnik

As everybody already advised you, must see and not comparable to any other place. Hope you enjoy it!

Derby
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubrovnik

100% you should go, it s an amazing place. Get some good guide books before you go so you are familiar with the various buildings and their history, also I would go to Cavtat in the daytime (bit boring at night) it is very relaxing and beautiful. Its really easy - just get the no 10 bus.

York
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubrovnik

Thinking of visiting in October. What is climate like?

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dubrovnik

First part of October could still be warm during the sunny days. Some folks still swim, I do not as the water is never warm enough for me. Depending on the winds, some ferry boats may have limited schedules. By the end of October some outdoor restaurants will begin to close down, along with a few shops. Some cruise ships will still arrive, but not anything near to the crowds of high season. It all depends on the weather, October is typical fall weather. Our winters are wet, windy and cold.

Perhaps I am coming off cabin fever as we have now had 3 days of cold and windy thunderstorms. Saturday was a day from .... still no sunshine this early am and I do believe my feet have become webbed.

Do visit early October, it's usually very nice.