We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying to Croatia from Florence and need an itinerary

Maryland
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
flying to Croatia from Florence and need an itinerary

We are flying into Croatia from Florence and will have 7 days to explore. Where should we go? I am not familiar with the area and would appreciate any ideas. Do we need a car or can we take trains between areas?

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
711 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying to Croatia from Florence and need an itinerary

From Florence trains will not take you directly to Croatia but would need to pass through Ljubljana -Slovenia first. It would be a nice stop for you and perhaps you could rent a car here and continue to Croatia.

option A) you stay at northern coast exploring Istria (towns like Rovinj,Motovun, Groznjan, Pula and Porec) or

option B) you explore Dalmatia (Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik).

For 7 days tour too short time to see all Croatia but it is also possible if you are ready for lots of driving and snap shot visits.

I'm sure you will get many ideas here in no time it's just up to you to decide what type of holidays at what pace you like to have, also please mention when (in which season) are you visiting Croatia? Hope you enjoy it - welcome to Croatia.

solingen
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flying to Croatia from Florence and need an itinerary

i think you have several flights from Pisa to croatia. It's near Florence.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
48,732 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying to Croatia from Florence and need an itinerary

I think you should just stay in the Istria region-- look at going to places such as Pula, Rovinj and Porec. You could also easily get to places in Slovenia such as the Postojna caves. I would look to spend most of the time in Rovinj though.

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flying to Croatia from Florence and need an itinerary

Where are you coming to? If you're flying from Pisa you'll probably get to Zadar (if they decide to reconfirm the route from May). You could start from there and proceed to Sibenik, Split, NP Krka, Trogir and maybe Dubrovnik. The last one is the best one but its worth of few days stay.

If you are coming by car, you can stop in Istria and go around some places there. It's also beautiful.

5. Re: flying to Croatia from Florence and need an itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik