We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Dubrovnik Airport - Cross-Border to Montenegro

Warrington, UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire - Dubrovnik Airport - Cross-Border to Montenegro

We will arrive in Dubrovnik on June 20th for 2 weeks and would like to rent a car. We will spend one week in Montenegro and one week on Korcula island.

I understand we need to get green card insurance for crossing into Montenegro. Can anybody suggest rental companies at Dubrovnik airport which offer cross-border green cards, or is it cheaper to get this at the border? Does anybody knows how much it costs to get this at the border?

Mentioned in this post
California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - Dubrovnik Airport - Cross-Border to Montenegro

I'm not sure if you can get the green card at the border, but if so it will probably be more expensive. It usually doesn't cost any extra at the car rental company because the car is already insured for crossing the border. I would just be sure to ask your rental company about the insurance before reserving a car. There are a lot of rental companies at the airport, but I can't really recommend any specific ones.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
723 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - Dubrovnik Airport - Cross-Border to Montenegro

Hi, I just got info from Sixth - you can rent the car in Dubrovnik and they will hand you over the green card along with the car. You don't have to pay additional charges for taking car to Montenegro.

You can not get the green card at the border.

They also suggest making reservations much in advance, expected busy season this year. Regards and hope you enjoy your journey.

Mentioned in this post
Warrington, UK
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire - Dubrovnik Airport - Cross-Border to Montenegro

Thank you for your replies

4. Re: Car Hire - Dubrovnik Airport - Cross-Border to Montenegro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2010, 07:17