We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments Ivka - Dubrovnik Old Town

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Apartments Ivka - Dubrovnik Old Town

Has anyone stayed at Apartments Ivka in Dubrovnik Old Town? There is no current listing on TripAdvisor… www.dubrovnik-online.com/apartments_ivka/

We are looking for something simple and clean with own bathroom (apartment style), with easy access to the activity of the Old Town and transport around Dubrovnik. We will be traveling in September, in Dubrovnik for 3 days.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,136 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments Ivka - Dubrovnik Old Town

I like the location and it looks good on the website. If the price is good for you I would say go for it. I also think you could look for something in the Ploce area which would give you a great view of the Old Town walls.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments Ivka - Dubrovnik Old Town

Thanks.

We have considered Ploce as second option, specifically Pension Stankovich which seems to have a lovely view and reasonable price at EUR 55/night - dubrovnik-accommodation-apartments.com/html/…

We are divided on the Old Town versus Ploce.

Is it better to be at the heart of the activity or just away from it? Would 3 days be spent mostly in and around Old Town or the greater Dubrovnik area?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,136 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments Ivka - Dubrovnik Old Town

I would much rather wake up with the view from the terrace of the Old Town walls, but that's just me. The location of the Old Town apartment looks good and there is a reason they say its on a quiet side street because it can be noisy in the Old Town, people might be up late at night at the nearby bars and people are up early getting ready for the day. On the flip side the bad thing about Ploce is that to get that great view it is going to take some stairs to get up there. All that being said, I would much rather be in Ploce.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,136 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartments Ivka - Dubrovnik Old Town

Here is another option in the Ploce area, not sure of their updated prices though?

www.dubrovnikconcierge.com/pages/j&j.htm

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartments Ivka - Dubrovnik Old Town

Apartments Ivka in the Old Town look newer and more modern, but of course the view from the Ploce apartment is great. You might want to ask how many stairs to the Old Town because from this location in Ploce there may be at least 200 - 300 stairs.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartments Ivka - Dubrovnik Old Town

We have just spent a week and a bit (ashed -in) in apartment Espana Barcelona, right in the old town. I'd heartily recommend it. You'll find it at the web site mentioned.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartments Ivka - Dubrovnik Old Town

Apartment Ivka is located just up from our farmers market which does begin to open at 6am daily. Also very close to a nice bakery and one of our local Konzum markets and a couple of outdoor cafes. There are steps but they are not difficult. It's a lovely area and you are within walking distances to everything the old town will offer, including the St. Ignatius church.

Pension Stankovich is indeed in the Ploce area with a fantastic view. However to get that type of view you will be walking up a minimum of 100 steps and that gets old very quickly, especially after a leisurely evening out.

The old part of town begins to awaken early and many do enjoy very late evenings out, it can get a bit loud at times.

Do enjoy your time in our magical town.

8. Re: Apartments Ivka - Dubrovnik Old Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 05:16